Aditi upload costs L$ but nothing gets uploaded

Hieronimos Audeburgh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As it says in the header: when I try to upload, the appropriate amount of L$ is deduced from my balance, but then I get a message saying:

"Unable to upload [long number; differs each upload] due to the following reason: The server is experiencing unexpected difficulties. Please try again later."

I tried again a couple of times now, but the problem remains.

Also: my clothes, skin, etc. is taking forever to download and when I open the 'Outfit' menu, it appears my character is wearing several different skins, shapes, etc. at the same time... Which I cannot take off because everything is still loading (atleast, I think that's why).

Any suggestions anyone?

thx in advance

Jay

Aditi is a testgrid, in my experience it's a lot less stable than the main grid.

The money you spent, you ofcourse didn't really spend, no need to worry about that.

You could try a different region, or do as SL suggests, wait a while.

Things taking very long to download can also indicate your connection isn't healthy. That can be on your end or on LL's end or anywhere in between, impossible to tell without testing.

Since we're talking about the test grid and costs, I'd like to ask a question that's been bugging me for a while now.

Prim things that create on the main grid don't get transfered to the test grid and vice-versa. Is there a way to change this? Because sometimes I'm doing some testing for a partial mesh outfit, but then I remember that the prim skirt I spend 30 minutes building was left on the main grid, so I'm left with no choice but to upload the mesh model in the main grid to test it properly with the skirt, and therefore waist real money.

Also, since I'm not using the standard size models for my mesh cothes, I need to upload 5 different sizes of the same mesh, costing me a lot of money. If there was a way I could do that on the test grid and then send it to the main grid inside SL, that would save a lot of money.

Keep in mind all the money uploading on the test grid is not real transactions. Only test transactions. So they cost you no money. They are not going to allow you to transfer your uploads from the beta grid to the main grid for free. You must uploaD the final test on the main grid for a final fee which is a real cost to you. The ability to use the test grid is a cost saving convenience for not having to spend all the upload tests on the main grid.. Allowing transfer from one grid to the other will never happen

@Heironimos There are several regions having lag issues. Probably need to be rebooted. You should be able to move to another sandbox

The money being deduced without actual uploading was a part of the problem description : )

Also: I don't think there's a connection problem since everything else loads with the speed of light.

@Dilbert: thx again. I use this list for region selection on Aditi: http://aditi.coreqa.net/gridtool.php

The ones in green I can log into - but no uploading.

Is there some way for us users to know about the status of the regions and the grid, so we can atleast tell the difference between necessary maintenance and problems that require support? I mean: if I know that the grid is being updated, or a specific region, there's no need for me to bother you guys either... I mean, there's nothing about it on the Grid Status page.

In the meanwhile I have customers waiting for their product and I have nothing to offer or say to them (because I don't know what's going on either) which of course as you will understand creates awkward situations.

I'm sorry to bother U guys, but I feel obliged to keep searching for an answer.

Anyway, thanks again,

Jay

Have you opened the map while on the beta grid to find other available regions? Type sandbox in map Search.

It is a beta grid where code changes are constantly going on and being tested. The gird is an "AS IS" thing. . I do not have the problems you are having except on one region today. If you are still using the project viewer. then that again is also a beta viewer. The bugs go along with the territory.If you are pressed on getting product made then i would suggest using the official viewer..

There are more regions than the 2 in green on that page, unless those are specificly set up for mesh deformer. If thats the case. then it could be broke. and it is the weekend. Dont expect a fix any time soon

Spinell wrote:

What about transfering prims and models that have already been created/uploaded in the main grid to the test grid? Is that possible?

Yes it is possible. But time consuming. To update your main grid inventory to the beta, you change your password on the main grid website and wait 24 hours. It usualy updates somtime after midnight. I wouldnt see any reason to do that but once.

Hieronimos Audeburgh wrote:

Is there some way for us users to know about the status of the regions and the grid, so we can atleast tell the difference between necessary maintenance and problems that require support? I mean: if I know that the grid is being updated, or a specific region, there's no need for me to bother you guys either... I mean, there's nothing about it on the Grid Status page.

Hey Hieronimous, I downled the project viewer for mesh deformer and was able to connect to Sandbox Newcomb with no problems at all and was able tp upload using the deformer without a error or problem...  Was a perfect chance to test my new dress with it..... Doesnt seem to work to well around my boobs lol

@Dilbert:

I'm using the worldmap to make sure I end up on the right location (Sandbox Goguen, Newcomb, Cordova, etc.).

I stopped using the Project Viewer when I found out it wasn't necessary for logging into Aditi and am only using the official viewer now.

But today the problem still remains.

I've squeezed it through to support by using a Abuse Appeal ticket - hope they got some ideas.

Well, anyway I just wanted to give you a status update after all your kind replies the past days! Thanks!

Glad to hear your testing is still working : )

Greetings,

Jay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.