Project Viewer - Mesh won't login

Hieronimos Audeburgh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya,

for some reason the Project Viewer won't login. When I try the normal viewer there's no problem; just the project viewer.

I keep getting the following message:

"Login failed, despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong.

Please check status second life grid, to see if there's a known problem with the service.

If you continue to experience problems, please check your network and firewall setup."

Tried reinstalling, then added exceptions to windows and avira firewall. No luck. Changing from basic to advanced mode and back doesn't help either.

There's no further info to be found in the knowledge base. 

Anyone know about this problem?

Thx in advance

J

First of all: thanks for your messages - nothing so frustrating as having inspiration for projects and not being able to do anything with it!

I am pretty new to uploading meshes to SL. I thought the Project Viewer - Mesh was especially meant to connect to the Aditi grid for editting and previewing. Thanks for clearing up this misunderstanding! When I left the 'project viewer mesh' out of my search query I got a lot more results on similar problems as I was having. One of 'm suggested changing my SL password so that my account details would be automatically updated. Officially this would take 24 hrs, but when I tried logging in with my main Av just a moment ago I got acces to Aditi again, so now I can continue previewing meshes and textures : ))

Thank you both for your interest and the suggestions, I certainly believe it helped me to solve this prob!

Thx again!

Jay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.