LINDEN SHEEP GRIEFFER ATTACK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sudenly when I logged in I saw my avatr sorrounded by some kind of sheep that says on them "Linden Seep"

I cant detach them or do anything to stop it, the creator of the object is eniefild and the creator is MIssing Magic, I have a premium account but in my other avatar, what should I do?

Lilith Roddenham wrote:

Sudenly when I logged in I saw my avatr sorrounded by some kind of sheep that says on them "Linden Seep"

I cant detach them or do anything to stop it, the creator of the object is eniefild and the creator is MIssing Magic, I have a premium account but in my other avatar, what should I do?

I am familiar with these sheep;

sheep grief.jpg

they are scripted to push anyone who comes within range of them, and are an aggressive little griefing tool.  They are not attached, but will attack until a person is pushed right out of range.

Regardless of whether you are premium or not, what you need to do is click on "help" and "report abuse".  Right click on one of the sheep to view the owner details (the owner NOT the creator).  LL will take the necessary action.

You do need to remove the name of the creator of this object, because in actual fact, this is against the Terms of Service on the forums and he might only be the creator of one part of the sheep.  Cleverly these people who grief or make objects to grief can use another person's objects that are copyable and make it look like they were wholly responsible for a griefing object.

If you are on your own land when this attack occurs, you must remember to set your land to have autoreturn, or set objects to be rezzed only by group members.  This minimises the likelihood of such attacks.

Wishing you luck.

Edited to add - the kids have broken up for the long summer holidays; I guess we can expect a lot more of these griefing attacks, so everyone REMEMBER TO PUT AUTORETURN ON LAND!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

valerie Inshan wrote:

HAHAHA Mari!!! As soon as I read this question's title, I KNEW you were going to post that pic! Actually, I expected you to do so, I love it, just too funny!!!
:D

Oh no, am I that predictable? :matte-motes-frown:

But I laugh out loud. 

It is perhaps a good thing these griefers do not know how much I enjoy the photo opportunities they give to me :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Lilith Roddenham wrote:

Edited to add - the kids have broken up for the long summer holidays; I guess we can expect a lot more of these griefing attacks, so everyone REMEMBER TO PUT AUTORETURN ON LAND!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Starts counting the days until school is back in session. ;)

Edit to add - Not that I want to be griefed at all, but these sheep look a lot more benign than the monkey faces that used to be one of the griefing standards.  Ugh.  Could have nightmares about those things.

Yesterday we visited a newly opened "Tractor Supply Company" in town, and while browsing all the neat stuff I came across the whip section (my god I love this store) and saw what looked like a six foot tall wooden cane.  A shepherd's crook... and while I was standing there holding this thing the first thought in my head was "I... I need some sheep."

Carl Thibodeaux wrote:

Start counting. Your be asleep soon

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

<turns over>

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

one pink sheep

jejejejejeje (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.