Anyone heard about a new griefing tool

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hang round linden to long and can start get really paranoid. like 2 winners in a row. jejejejjejeje (:

+

is probably not. hope not lol

+

cant remember now where i read it but someone said one time that they was having a same kinda problem. when they log in then somehow their viewer was going thru their entire inventory and wearing/attaching everything

was some kinda corruption something. they had to uninstall the viewer and reinstall to fix. hope thats the problem that OP has

edit: like pussycat said below

PussyCat,

You were spot on.....I figured it out.....A whole folder that I call "fun stuff" some how attached it self to me !!! GooD Lord it freaked me right out...:matte-motes-agape:

The bones and bacon stuff was an attachment call "**bleep** Baby" that blows up !! 

Most of the stuff i have in this folder is harmless giggles.. but when attached al together ... well !!  Im wondering how the hell I had so many pionts on my Avi to attach so many items......:matte-motes-agape:

Anyway.. thanks guys......you are all awesomly helpful !"!

With rebuilding your avatar, once you get it down pat as to how to change it's looks etc, rebuilding it will be cake. Well except for trying to decide what to wear.

There are times I won't even stay in SL for more than a few minutes cause i get frustrated trying to make that decision.

The REAL challenge for rebuilding it is when you are "ruthed" and have to "character test" and start from scratch. But you get good at it.

Beachlover Emolite wrote:

PussyCat,

You were spot on.....I figured it out.....A whole folder that I call "fun stuff" some how attached it self to me !!! GooD Lord it freaked me right out...:matte-motes-agape:

The bones and bacon stuff was an attachment call "**bleep** Baby" that blows up !! 

Most of the stuff i have in this folder is harmless giggles.. but when attached al together ... well !!  Im wondering how the hell I had so many pionts on my Avi to attach so many items......:matte-motes-agape:

Anyway.. thanks guys......you are all awesomly helpful !"!

I'm laughing so hard at how you thought someone had griefed you, but it seems you somehow 'griefed' yourself! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

And I thought you'd been used for someone else's target practice too.  Crikey!

• 5 months later...

I Exppereineced something like that only things didn't attach to me... it made my avatar's head spin.... And her hair was all flipped around..and she was humping the air... And I to had not accpted anything or received anything... People keep telling me they can't do that unless you accept something... But I am telling you it happened and i would love to knwo the name of the greif tool or spekk hud or what not.

Destind4u Randt wrote:

I Exppereineced something like that only things didn't attach to me... it made my avatar's head spin.... And her hair was all flipped around..and she was humping the air... And I to had not accpted anything or received anything... People keep telling me they can't do that unless you accept something... But I am telling you it happened and i would love to knwo the name of the greif tool or spekk hud or what not.

this can happen but needs a particular set of circumstances. here is one

+

on a parcel there is an object that animates you. say a danceball. Touch to give permissions. Touch to Stop. normal as

sometimes these parcels were built ages ago. and lots of them use freebie full perms danceballs (not just danceballs. all kinds of things). quite often the owners hardly ever log in anymore

the danceball is group owned. the group is set to group edit perms.  the group is open to join. it should never be set up this way. but sometimes they are

+

the bad person mod the danceball (or whatever) so that it does everything normal like expected

except that they have mod the script and put other anims in it as well. which respond to their chat commands. also one of the commands enable/disable the normal Touch to Stop. when you touch to stop only the animation stops. so appears normal behavior to the dancer. but the permissions not released

+

is pretty mean this. and is really hard to understand how come they can do stuff to you. bc like you say you never accept anything off them or give them permission directly

when dont know this can be quite frightening when some stranger weirdo says in the open chat: hump [named resident] in the open chat and [named resident] starts animating and dont know why

• 4 months later...

It's a Perm Taker, comes in alot of huds nowdays and plenty of lil tricks out there to get you to allow this to happen to you, common tricks are dance balls,welcome mats,and chairs also beware of hugs and other such drop down invites, and always always read the fine print

Check out my new blog all about SL weapons where i will be showcaseing items like this and much much more

Http://criticalfire.wordpress.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.