Bikini Bottoms Template

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I'm learning to make clothing and I have a problem with 'bikini bottoms'.

I made this Wonder Girl costume:

http://stationk.deviantart.com/art/Wonder-Girl-315028435

Her bottoms look good but as she moves, the texture of the 'panties' is pulled a bit to the sides, sometimes pulled 'inside' and the biggest problem is on other poses, the texture gets pulled very evidently on the inside thigs.

I've been adjusting it but I feel I'm wasting my L$ (trough traffic cones) because the 3d preview is static so I can't know if what I did is ok.

What I'm traying to avoid is a 'reverse thong' or a simple vertical line as some people do with swimsuit or superheroine costumes, I've see other on the marketplace that don't have my problem,so..

Anybody can give me a good templete of hte lower body made for a 'swimsuit' so I can study it and see what I was doing wrong ?

Thank you

stationk wrote:

I've been adjusting it but I feel I'm wasting my L$ (trough traffic cones) because the 3d preview is static so I can't know if what I did is ok.

Instead of only using a graphical program like Photoshop or Gimp, you could try a program where you can animate the avatar before uploading. You will need a rigged avatar aswell (one with bones). Two programs that come to mind are Blender, which is free, and DAZ, which has a free version I think. In those programs you can bend the limbs to see what the textures do.

You could also upload temporary textures, that works in most viewers I think, that way you can upload for free and see your progress. You could also try the beta grid (Aditi) where everything is free.

Making sure the textured area around the crotch is either very wide or very narrow is something we all have to deal with, you're not doing anything wrong. The sides of the breasts have the same issue, although not quite as bad.

to avoid the pb to waste your l$ when you upload texture for testing how it will behave on your avatar, you can upload it as temporary file for free. I dont know if this feature exists on the official viewer, but on Firestorm yes. so you can download temp textures for free and try them. Then when you are happy with it, you upload it as normal textures.

i think you can do it on the beta grid also and even with the official sl viewer.

"Thinner" means only a very few pixels wide.  The crotch is very poorly designed on the avatar mesh, so you will always see bleeding (sounds nasty) if you draw outside that 2 to 5 pixel wide zone.  That accounts in large part for the popularity of thong underwear -- an abominably uncomfortable style in RL -- in SL wardrobes.  It's either that or boxer shorts.  :smileysad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.