Joint Position in Rigged Mesh

Snow Bristol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

I have been having some issues with joint position. There are plenty of threads about this, none of them have a solution I'm looking for. I'm hoping one of you can help me.

So, in blender (2.59) after importing my mesh, I select it, then shift+select the rig and Ctrl+P/Set Parent To: Armature Deform and With Empty Groups. Once that's done I select the rig and go into Edit mode, then change the location of the bones to fit my mesh.

I have two theories on why this is happening:

1. I'm using the wrong version of blender, 2.59 is my favorite. I have tried new and older versions (2.49 is evil).

2. After I edit the joint position in Edit mode, I need to do something to the rig. The 'make real' button doesn't seem to exist any more.

Thanks!

From Gaia Clary we know that Blender 2.64 will soon be here. So, expect to upgrades again soon. It is a good idea to use the Install Archive to install Blender. It allows you to have multiple copies of Blender installed without messing up the Python installs. See: Blender Archive Install

Blender 2.62 has a glitch that affects export for SL. It is fixed in 2.63a. Version 2.64 should have additional fixes for SL Export problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.