Application Help! Mac, please?

miller02

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The application wont run on my computer anymore. Everytime I open the application it just sits there not responding with the rainbow wheel  of death. Ive tried force quitting 1000000 times, ive tried hard shutting off my computer, ive even tried re-downloading the application straight from the website. Same thing keeps happening. I cant even get it open enough to enter my login information. Can anyone help me? I have a 2yr old macbook pro, so its not old. 

Hi Miller,

When this has happened to me, it's been because some setting got corrupted. You might try deleting the viewer support files, which will be located in Library->Application Support->SecondLife (or whatever viewer you are using). If you are running Lion (Mac OS 10.7.x) you must hold down the Option key when accessing the Finder's "Go" menu to see "Library".

You may wish to familiarize yourself with the contents of the viewer's support folder, in case there are things you wish to save, like chat logs. If you do wish to save things, drag the folder out to your desktop rather than into the trash. You can put back things bit by bit until you discover what (if anything) was hanging your viewer.

You might also want to trash the viewer's cache folder, which will be found in Library->Caches->SecondLife

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Do I also need to go get a Computer degree to understand any of what you just said?  Surely a company that wants business and customers will make an update that you don't have to take apart your computer to fix and will work on a MAC.  Imagine if you didn't speak English and tried to understand what you just said.  This doesn't sound like a computer problem to me, it sounds like a programming problem.  Did they let the intern do the update again?

Lowri Mills wrote:

Do I also need to go get a Computer degree to understand any of what you just said?  Surely a company that wants business and customers will make an update that you don't have to take apart your computer to fix and will work on a MAC.  Imagine if you didn't speak English and tried to understand what you just said.  This doesn't sound like a computer problem to me, it sounds like a programming problem.  Did they let the intern do the update again?

If you did not understand that, you need a much more basic education to start with, and good dose of common sense to go with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.