Ctrl-Alt-T not showing invisible prims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use Firestorm but Viewer 3 is doing the same thing. I found an invisible prim on my land and pressing Ctrl-Alt-T did nothing. I used the land info to highlight it but I was unable to delete it. The estate manager came and he was able to highlight it and return it to me using Ctrl-Alt-T. This used to work, although I rarely use it.  I read about a bug that happened several versions back, and I read about a work around that involved turning off shadows, but that has no effect either.

Is there a setting I've turned off? I looked through the preferences menus and saw nothing that looked like it would help. It seems odd to me that both Firestorm and Viewer 3 are both doing it. Firestorm is my regular viewer and I only use Viewer 3 occasionally.

It acts like a ghost prim. It was a rez box and when I touch it the rez menu came up, but when I right clicked to edit it, only the land edit came up as if I was just clicking on the land. The EM came over and he was able to highlight it using Ctrl-Alt-T and returned it to me. This made me think it was a setting I'd changed.

• 1 month later...

Still having this issue. I just tried it again with a regular prim I set the transparency to 100 on. Ctrl-Alt-T does nothing. No highlighted prims of any kind. This used to work. I use Firestorm but relogged with Viewer 3 and it made no difference. I have those annoying selection beams turned off. Could this have something to do with it or maybe another preference setting?

Maybe your OS has Ctrl-Alt-T mapped to something else?  Try selecting Highlight Transparent through the menus (Advanced->Highlighting and Visibility->Highlight Transparent)

From what I'm seeing in the directory structure it looks like to me Firestorm and V3 are completely independent, settings in one shouldn't effect the other.  I'm sure someone will correct me on that.

If that's not it I'd try going to Graphics in the Preferences menus and moving the Render Quality slider all the way left to Low to shut off all the extras.  Then try Highlight Transparent though the menus and if it works re-enable things one by one till you find what's messing it up.

Good luck

ETA: May want to try a post in Technology -> Second Life Viewer where those  more knowledgeable in the V3 viewer are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.