Fixing array/curve modifier

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I really didn't want to post again in the forums so soon, but this thing is bigging me: I can't fix a problem with these two modifiers.

I want to copy and multiply the ruffles mesh I did earlier today around in a circle. So, I add a benzier circle (also tried with numbs circle) and then add the array modifier followed by the curve modifier, set to the circle.

Problem is, the array doesn't follow the curve, it builds the mesh it's trying to copy in a horizontal stack. However, if I rotate the mesh a bit (with the modifiers active) I see that actually, it IS sort of multiplying in a circle, but in a horrible strange way: it's copying the mesh in a downwards spiral. 0.0

I have no idea what's going on or how to fix this. I just want to make a circular ruffles collar using these two modifers. I have a light suspicion this may have something to do with where the cursor is placed or where the mesh origin is, but I just can't figure this one out on my own.

Sorry for all the trouble guys. You are awsome, every single time you put up with my silly questions. ^.^'

Hi,

This may be the blind leading the blind as Im not very experienced with blender, but ive used the array and curved modifyer a lot with jewelry pieces. so I would recommend setting the origin to 0 for the object you wish to multiply and then do the steps you already tried, the array then curved modifier. Then try moving the object or the circle up or down and see what happens. I have seen that a horribly distorted looking array can re-form into a circle when ive moved either of the 2 objects.

Someone else maybe can answer better but this worked for me.

Chrissy

As Nacy said, you want to make sure that you have applied all rotations, scales and locations. The origin point for the curve should actually rest on the curve (refer to the tutorial I did on the pearls on a curve). The origin for the ruffle should rest on the ruffles edge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.