Marketplace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure where to go with this Question, when I have sl running, (I use Firestorm 3.2.2) and I find something in Marketplace I like but want to go to the online store,It says  "see item in second life store" I click it and it goes to the page "visit this location" it wants to open another login box, why can't I go directly from Marketplace to the store without logging in again which doesn't work because I'm already logged in? Please help I can't find an answer anywhere in help menus? 

mine usually asks me which viewer i want to use to open it with..

i choose firestorm and it just acts like it is going to open anotherone  and then sends me the LM in world..

are you using your browser? or are you using the browser in the viewer?

i set mine to use my firefox..not viewer browser..

If you can't find a fix, there is a workaround. Copy the URL from the map webpage - it will look something like http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife//x/y/z - and paste it into your chat line (or even an IM). Say/send the chat, and a clickable SLurl will appear in your chat window.

You can use a method like this to send out SLurls in group chat so you don't get bombarded with requests for TPs.

The problem is because Windows doesn't correctly find the right application to launch.

You fix this by going into Regedit.exe and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Secondlife\Shell\Open\Command and then double click in the right hand pane.

There you need to provide the correct executable for the viewer that you need it to run.

Here's an example:-

regedit.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.