Help! Sound "stuck" to my avi!

Carmsie Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The other day I uploaded a 10 second .wav sound. I set it as "looped"  then dragged it into the contents of an item I was building. It turned out to be very annoying, so i deleted it from the contents tab of the item but the sound kept playing. This is not unusual so I was not concerned but eventually I deleted the item I had made, because the sound was driving me crazy!

BUT ... the sound still plays. It gets louder when I zoom my cam close to my avi so it seems that it has somehow "stuck" to or inside me. It keeps playing when I change sims and I was asked to leave a club because it was making people angry.

To fix this I have tried:

• changing outfits 
  • changing my skin and shape
  • changing hair
  • stripped nakkie twice
  • checking to see if i am wearing any attachments I was not aware of, but there are none showing in "worn" 
  • used 2 different viewers and I cleaned cache for each.  

Can anyone help me get rid of the sound please - I am desperate!

Carmsie 

If the sound follows you, you wear an attachment with an attached sound.

Go to inventory - worn tab - and detach everything detachable piece by piece.

If you drag a sound into the content of an object - it will NOT play! So deleting the object didn't change anything - of course.

Thanks for this suggestion. I have checked and am wearing no attachments ... I stripped right down to just my skin and shape (took off everything including hair) ... checked in "worn" and had nothing attached ... then I changed my skin and shape as well .. STILL the sound persists!  *whimper*

If you use Phoenix or Firestorm take off the bridge aswell - if you didn't do it already.
The sound can only stick to a prim, if you wear no attachment you can't be the source. I don't know of a viewer issue here but you said you already changed the viewer and others can hear the sound too.

My sound is attached to the camera. If you move away the camera 50 or 100m - does the sound fade?

Did you change the sim again? Maybe there was an - meanwhile detached - attachment with the sound AND and an object with same sound nearby. So always check things more than once.

Hi Carmsie.

You also posted this in Answers and I posted this answer there.

Did you try a Character Test: Develop Menu (CTRL+ALT+Q) > Avatar > Test Female, which will transform you to a basic Library avatar, then you can start rebuilding your av.. If that fails I found two similar threads and you could try the suggested solutions in them:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/Looped-S​ound-STUCK-on-my-Avatar/qaq-p/840407

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/Help-Wal​king-sound-stuck/qaq-p/1112837

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.