Any DJs working with N-I Traktor S4. Broadcast issue

Richard Lacombe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I have the Traktor S4 and a pc with a Delta 1010LT pro audio card.  I set up the stream in Traktor preferences but only get the meta data on the server (broadcast light is solid blue) . There is no audio on the listener side. What tips can you offer so that I can stream to an icecast server?  I also installed Icecast on the PC. This is one major mind bender.

I definitely dont want to revert to VDJ.  That would be the equivalent to trading in a Rolls Royce for a Ford Gremlin!

5 answers to this question

Richard,

Ohhh... Nice set-up :D

Hmmm - silly things to look at :

What encoder options are you using? Lame MP3?

Can you record direct to disk from the encoder and then replay the stream?

I don't know that particular system but if the encoder is similar to SAM 4,  do you have the broadcast "On Air" option/button set ?

Also - You are your own Relay service? You mentioned that you have IceCast installed on your PC.

You'll need to encode to your IceCast input port of course and you will also need to open up your router firewall and do port forwarding to allow others to have access to the stream IP address& port.

Since external relay/stream services are plenty and very cheap these days, you can test this by leasing one for a week to see if using a 3rd party IceCast or ShoutCast Relay service works for you.

If your encoder can stream to the external service and others can hear it then your problem is with the IceCast set up on your PC and/or your firewall settings on your PC and/or the port forwarding on your Router.

Hey Richard, I have the same set up as you  more or less (Traktor S4, PC, Windows XP) with the exception of the sound card you computer has. I'm currently having the same issues as you are with no sound when I start up the broadcaster on Traktor Pro 2. Have you been able to solve your probem yet? If so can you please either contact me directly or post your solution on this feed? Thank! :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.