The name **bleep** keep giving problem, can you drop it all! And change it into Spot

Pussy Zemlja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Yeah, I can see why.  :smileysad:

Unfortunately, you cannot change your login name.  It's like your Social Security Number or pattern baldness.  Once you have it, it's yours forever.  You have only two choices, (1) use a Display Name (like a nickname) so that most people don't see your real name in chat or an overhead tag, or (2) get a new account (an alt).  See more at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Usernames-and-display-names/ta-p/700173

• Like 1

This remembers me of a similar case, where the girl was suprised why she got so many disrespectful messages from guys. Everytime I see a resident with a "complicated" name I wonder what they thought as they chosed it.

LL should tell everyone directly at the creation of a new account that there is no way in changing it later. Thats because all things that you create and who belong to you are connected with your name. Also your accountname is your avatarname, its part of the securtiy for your account.

Not to mention, that we are just residents, even if it would be possible we couldn't do anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.