LindeX-Selling L's and Paypal

Reecie Aries

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, I was unsure where to post this questions. So I took a shot at this one.

I am just wondering if ANYONE at all has had problems converting lindens into USD using LindeX.

I am speaking more in terms of the after process of transferring your USD balance that was sent to paypal to your bank account. 

I have heard many accounts get frozen for fraudulant activity (such as a large number of dollars, being put into your paypal account at one given time. Paypal mistakes this as a fraud. For some odd reason I have no idea why.)

Now, that being said I am only going to be selling 30-50 thousand lindens. which is maybe 100-160 USD if i'm lucky. (Based off the estimated rate I saw when I typed those figures into the box.)

So it wouldn't be anything to drastic.

If anyone can shed some light on this situation please do. 

Yeah, there are these horror stories about Paypal freezing accounts, but keep in mind - that's from businesses who need the money to flow in order to avoid disruption. It affects them the worst, but in case of getting paid by LL, you usually can afford to wait. After PayPal reviews whatever they think might be fraudulent, upon finding it's not they will let the transaction through and you'll be fine.

In your case (you're the party getting paid),  even if they flag the transaction, they won't freeze your account, just that one transaction. The review process (if you happened to be the unlucky one who tripped some automatic flag) takes them about a day or two, then you're good.

Tip:  Do a "limit sell" on the linden exchange and set your limit to whatever you see is the current sell limit, that a massive amount of linden$ is reported sitting in and waiting.  If you do this, the sale could take a few days to complete, but you'll get the best rate that way if you don't care about that wait.

Reecie Aries wrote:

I have heard many accounts get frozen for fraudulant activity (such as a large number of dollars, being put into your paypal account at one given time. Paypal mistakes this as a fraud. For some odd reason I have no idea why.) 

My account was frozen once. The reason was that I received more money in a year then is allowed in my country (when I remember right the amount was 1500 euros a year). As soon as you get over this amount Paypal seemed to be obligated to ask for your pasportnumber. Maybe also social security number, I don't remember exactly if I had to give them that as well. But anyway It had to do with taxes. When you make more then 1500 euro profit in a year, you must pay taxes over this amount in my country. 

I'm not sure if Paypal is obligated to report this to the taxes, but at least they have to have copies of your identification documents.

After I did send them the things they asked for my account was unfrozen again. The whole process of unfreezing took about two weeks.

Even if your finances are 100 percent legal PayPal can get suspicious for its own reason and ask you for extra verification. It alsa happens if you exceed the limit on PayPal account. You are usually asked to send them a copy of ID document (passport, driving license etc) and copy of document veryfing your place of residence ( bill for your mobile, electricity etc).

There is nothing to worry.. As soon as they receive these documents they release your funds and you can transfer them to your bank account.

It has nothing to do with taxes as PayPal is not a tax office, but more with fraud money and money laundry.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

i myself and wondering that too, ive got lindens i sold on 5/16 and nothing yet...is it me or is it just SL

ive been on sl since 09 yet never tried to sell lindens for UDS, im going by the best rate to sell at and its been a waiting game...

Dante Xevion wrote:

i myself and wondering that too, ive got lindens i sold on 5/16 and nothing yet...is it me or is it just SL

ive been on sl since 09 yet never tried to sell lindens for UDS, im going by the best rate to sell at and its been a waiting game...

Are you still waiting for your Linden's to sell or waiting for the money to get to your bank?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.