I click on something to delete it, and I instantly crash...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I bought something from marketplace and I rez it in my house, no problem. It's just an outfit, nothing major. As soon as I go to delete the box after getting the outfit, I INSTANTLY crash. No warning, nothing at all. I'm using the Firestorm viewer, so I thought I would try deleting it on Viewer 3, and the same exact thing happens, except on V3 it says that "Second Life has stopped working". I just want the box out of my house, but I have no idea how to do it. I can't even touch it >.> Does anyone know a way around this? Or another viewer I can use to get rid of it?

Are you able to enter 'Edit/Build' mode?

Ctrl+B to activate, followed by Ctrl+3 to swap to 'Edit' mode. and then try and select the object you want to delete. If you don't crash, you can just tap the Delete key to remove the box.

Does this crash occur on any object, or just this box? Does it happen when you try to edit attachments?

Neesa Audion wrote:

So, I bought something from marketplace and I rez it in my house, no problem. It's just an outfit, nothing major. As soon as I go to delete the box after getting the outfit, I INSTANTLY crash. No warning, nothing at all. I'm using the Firestorm viewer, so I thought I would try deleting it on Viewer 3, and the same exact thing happens, except on V3 it says that "Second Life has stopped working". I just want the box out of my house, but I have no idea how to do it. I can't even touch it >.> Does anyone know a way around this? Or another viewer I can use to get rid of it?

The very same thing was happening to me all day yesterday...I tried relogging...clearing cache..being patient etc etc..I tihnk SL was just being majorly glitchy for some reason...today its not happened yay!

Hopefully you got rid of it.

These types of crashes can be caused by some some mesh objects. Some complexities in mesh are too much for the video card. The Lindens would love to see examples of such items. So, if you can repeat the problem and list the steps to do so, file a JIRA report.

I've tried deleting in in Edit mode. It doesn't just crash me when I try to delete it, it crashes me if I even I just click on it. It's not a mesh item, either. I'll probably just have to ask someone I rent the skybox from to delete it for me. Other than that, I don't know what to do...

If you are using an ATI Graphics card you need to install the 12.1 or older drivers .... 12.2 through 12.4 will crash you if you try to edit Mesh.   There is also a work around .... in the Build menu... you can go to options and turn off  "Show selection Outlines"....  that should stop the crashing on edit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.