I am not able to obtain items that are being gifted to me.

V4nessa18

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was recently gifted items, they were paid for and sent to me. But I have not recieved them. I don't know what the issue may be. I can recieve linden but I have not been able to obtain purchased items sent to me by another SL user.

1 answer to this question

Marketplace has had problems sending gifts for a long time.  There are a few JIRAs on the topic.  My own advice is:

1. If you are sending a gift from Marketplace, be sure that the recipient has a Received Items folder in his/her inventory already.  Marketplace has difficulty sending gifts to people who have never ordered anything by Direct Delivery before. So.... buy something for L$0 like https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Direct-Delivery-Linden-Bear/3290638 or https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MAGIC-WAND-Stops-Animations/3475671.

2. Better still, send L$ instead of a gift.  That way, the recipient gets to buy something that he wants instead of something that you want.

3. Even better, go on an in world shopping trip with the recipient.  Use Marketplace as a catalog beforehand and pick out likely in-world stores to visit.  You both have a fun time exploring, and you pay or what he (or she) buys.

4.  OK... so you really want to use Marketplace.  If the gift wasn't delivered, have the purchaser check his Transaction History at secondlife.com >> .Accounts or in Marketplace >>> My Marketplace >>. My Account.  Send the merchant a polite note, requesting redelivery.  This sort of thing happens all the time and most merchants will redeliver, especially if the gift was copiable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.