Asset Server deleting items?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The last couple days I've been given No Copy items, rezzed them, and they simply vanished. Not in inventory or on the parcel.

This is in two different sims entirely. The one from the other day hasn't appeared on the parcel or in my inventory (original folder or Lost and Found).

Is something broken I don't know about?

It could be this bug: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7902

Rezing objects has been a problem on small parcels and in skyboxes for a few weeks. Basically, the server thinks you are trying to rez the object on another parcel (where you don't have rights). Here are some possible workarounds:

Wear the object, then drop it.

Point your camera straight down at to place where you are going to rez.

Just try to rez a simply plywood cube, over and over until you find a good spot in your house where you can rez.

I saw something yesterday about similar issue in the forum. It linked to JIRA reports about inventory corruption. Can't find the link to it now.... Scary stuff considering all marketplace data is also corrupting day by day for months now its getting worse & Lindens don't have eyes on a fix yet to stop the spread.

I wonder if there is a link between the two issues.

Definitely something about the way Lindens do data storage now is very wrong.

Probably tried to cut one too many corners cost wise & now paying for this mistake dearly.

It sure seems like all of SL is being scrambled now very slowly.

Gadget

You have joined an ever-increasing list of avatars to fall foul of the most insidious aspect of the bug that SVC-7902 relates to, ie the loss of No-copy items on rezzing.

Linden Lab are well aware of this issue, and a partial "fix" was rolled to the Magnum RC sims over a week ago.  Linden Lab have long asserted that they have no liability for loss of No-copy objects whatever the cause, since it simply falls under the umbrella classification of "data-loss" and is covered in Secondlife's ToS.

Broken?  You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.