lighting and shadows and pixel screen

Alisaundra Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I NEED HELP! 

ive some how managed to screw up my light and shadows settings. 

I was having problems with my Glow Effect on SL V3.  

i looked into my Debugging Settings , accidently hit the reset to default and now i have a screen of white and pink and green andyellow pixels completely covering the screen, everything i hit the lightening and shadows option , can anyone please please please help me sort this out , because i take pictures in sl and this is INSANELY heartbreaking 

would it be best for me to just remove all of sl from my MAC and just reinstall , or is there a selection of settings i need to replace 

2 answers to this question

I generally avoid using glow or use it very sparingly, so I haven't had any reason to mess around with the debug settings that adjust glow parameters.  I notice, however, that the note on RenderGlowWidth says, "Glow sample size (higher = wider and softer but eventually more pixelated)".  "More pixelated" sounds like your problem.  Mine is set at 1.300, which I assume is the default.  If yours is different, try that and see what happens.

• Like 1

When you blow your settings it can be a pain to recover. To reset the viewer's settings find the file: C:\Users\[win_login_id]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings.xml and rename or delete it. This will force the viewer back to all the default settings. Plus it will check your video card and adjust settings for your card.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.