things disappear :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

i have a big problem

last year a really expensive bed dissapeard from my house..never got it back and nobody could have taken it.

Now..same thing again...i bought the same bed and it vanished from my inventory

Emptied cache and that didnt help--strangest thing is that its always items from the same store :(((

At 4000 lindens a piece its no fun :(

Is the bed the only thing that disappeared?  If not, look in your lost and found folder for a recently received coalesced object and rez that out to see if the bed was grouped with other things.

Have you checked to see if anyone such as a room mate, landlord or estate owner returned it?  If someone did it may not show up immediately in your inventory.

Is the bed in any way connected to a server run by the creator?  If so, some servers can delete content like this,particularly if an upgrade were issued.  It could also be that something went wrong with the server.

Did you find a plywood ball in its place?  If you did, it may have been removed as a result of an intellectual property violation on the part of the creator.  If you click that ball you should get a notecard explaining this. 

If you are a premium member you can file a support ticket for loss of inventory.  While there is no guarantee that you will get it back  it is possible that LL may be able to track it down for you or at least tell you why it disappeared .

Oooooh, had the same! Some time last year my super expensive bed was just gone one morning when I logged in. I thought it disappeared in a sim restart. My parcel is on a sim that is part of a LL dummy test ground,;we used to get the newest server updates, sometimes twice a day ...

My second thought was that maybe the the creator of that bed used stolen content and was reported and their stuff taken down. No idea. I don't care much since I'm like so over that whole sex thing in SL.

• 3 weeks later...

If you made the purchase using L$, there is a record of the occurrence in your transactions history.

Perhaps you might try contacting the original vendor and describing the problem, and see if they will send you a fresh copy of the product you already bought from them.

This should not be an issue, since you have proof of payment and are only asking for a replacement product.

Should work for either case of missing property; the item may vanish but the record in your transaction history - as well as the vendors- will not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.