RC_​LeTigre

JoJo Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As of 3 days ago, the lag on LeTigre has become soup. Things were running really good for the past months up until NOW. Does anyone know if there was any kind of updates to this region that has impacted performance? This problem is noticed by everyone who comes into my region. I looked around, and other than the usual horrid tastes of some residents on Mainland, I don't see anything that should be causing this problem.

Help.:mansad:

The region idle has been running across the grid for over a week. Le Tigre has been running the same code for over a week. You need to look for another cause of the problems you are seeing.

Region Idle should help your region's performance or make no difference.

In the time frame you are considering, I think the significant change is the viewer version.

Also, a significant change is IPv6, which could make a difference depending on your ISP and location.

See: 

Happy World IPv6 Day

@Faye

Yes LeTigre does seem to be suffering some ills these past 2 weeks. 

For once Nalates is not strictly correct.  While there have not been new code releases rolled to LeTigre both weeks (the current code was due to be rolled two weeks ago but was put on hold for a week because of the Magnum forced TP debacle), there have been changes and the official Linden Lab line is that those changes, associated with some future introduction to "the Second Life Experience", will not be detectable, but on my home sim, which has been LeTigre for some months now, we have begun seeing some changes in performance for the worse.

Script time is up between 10 and 20%; rezzing of some sculpted prims is slow or faulty (no, it is not my GPU or viewer, others see it as well) and some scripted objects are not running as well as they were.  I personally have not experienced bad lag, and our sim seems to be performing well by the stats readings, but then, we keep our scripts as low as we can, so on sims with higher script loads no doubt performance will be impacted.  I have seen such issues elsewhere.

Also I do not subscribe to the view that sim idling has no negative impact.  I have noticed distinct changes in the speed that my surroundings rez if I am the first to log into or TP into our sim, and these changes, minor though they may be have been made markedly worse by the changes made to LeTigre code this last two weeks.  I know that goes against Linden opinion, but I know what I see, it is measurable.

As to what is causing it - I have no idea, since the Linden Lab line is that it isn't happening.  For my part I know that it is and until someone can show me why it isn't I will be sceptical in the extreme about the accuracy of Linden Lab statements.

One more thing: the IPv6 change should not have a significant impact on your Secondlife connection quality and a quick speedtest should indicate whether your bandwidth or pingtime to the SL servers has changed markedly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.