What could posibly be the ISSUE?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone,i have a major issue with my Pc(or at least i suppose its Pc fault) for few months now.I am a blogger and of course i need to make most of my pics in ultra mode ussing shadows..but for some reason(even in high) the avi simply wont appear smooth,it looks like the antialising is disabled or set to verry low and the image gets verry verry poor in ultra.. thing is,when i first got my new Pc(1yr ago) everything was fine,after a few updates of Sl viewer,things started to get messy..so i tried to play on other viewers (fire,phoenix,singularity,nirans etc) but they all have the same issue when i try to do my work..then i decided to change my video card,as i was sure this is the issue.. i had gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-gts-450-1024mb-gddr5-128bit-dvi-hdmi-pci-e--pN450-1GI and now i bought sapphire/radeon-hd6850-1gb-ddr5-256-bit and GUESS WHAT? i have the same issue!! My other pc components will be : intel-174-coretm-i5-2500k-sandybridge-3300mhz-6mb-socket-1155-box--pBX80623I52500K_S_R008 ,4G of rams and gigabyte-h67m-ud2h-b3-socket-1155--pH67M-UD2H-B3 as a mother board,and i run windows 7 ultimate,64bit.Does anyone have ANY clue,of what posibily be the issue? I really need help so i can continue doing a good job with my blog,wich means a lot to me :-) Thank you in advance

Is your system overheating? Check the temp. I had an overheating problem that caused what you're experiencing. I replaced the exhaust fan. In my case, I could feel the heat coming out of my computer. A stand alone floor fan resolved the issue, so I knew it was overheating. Does it degrade over time? Mine would get worse after I'd been on for awhile.

The nVidia cards do shadows better. AMD/ATI does not support OpenGL as well as nVidia does. With the Radeon you're fighting an uphill battle.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

The video driver versions are important. As is the OpenGL version and the viewer version. All of these are updating.

Was your viewer on auto-update?

There are versions of the viewer that have broken anti-aliasing. The current versions are running AA as far as I know. One can force AA on via the nVidia control panel. If you do, disable it in the viewer.

Other versions have a problem with the high rez photos. Check the standard photo against a high rez. You should be able to tell if the AA quality is the same.

If it is a viewer version issue, you can get older versions here: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Old_versions

I think the Singularity Viewer is the only viewer using older Snowglobe code. You might try it to see if it does better.

Nirans Viewer is for photographers and machinamists. Niran is into images and videos. If it is having a photo problem he is likely to provide the fastest fix.

Since you have changed video cards it would be more likely the viewer. Since most viewers use the same render engine you could see the same problem across several different viewers, which is why I suggest Singularity and Nirans.

The current download for the Exodus viewer is from December 2011. So, it may be worth a try.

hi,thank you for yr reply...curently im on ATI so the nvidia now is out of question ...the issue i have altho is the same with both cards,aboslutely no difference...i curently use firestorm,last release

when i started my blog,in january,i was ussing viewer 3 from that time,wich i have no clue what version is,the thing i know is i tried to use an older version of V3 and it didnt let me go in untill i upgraded to the last version..so basicly LL force me to use their newest version..

older versions of viewers that DONT support mesh,wont help me anyway :(

for my ati card now,i have installed the latest driver..

on nirans,i have the same issue i have on others..edges are not smooth..

i have tried exodus too,unfortunetly is verry unstable with mesh,like wont load or simply "explode" on screen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.