Parcel Owner wants to deed his land to his group

IMGypsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I own a SIM and one of my parcel tenants wants to deed his parcel land to a group he created for his parcel (object is to use media on his parcel) - is there anything that I as owner need to do so he can achieve this deeding?  Is it safe to do this?

7 answers to this question

IMGypsy,

Yes it's perfectly safe to do. I encourage all my my tenants to do this exact process to make sure that they can control who visits their parcel and to allow them control of their land. Here is the information I send to each when they lease from me.

2) [CHANGE] THE PARCEL NAME AND DESCRIPTION

Please give your parcel a unique name reflecting YOU and/or your Family or Business. Also, please remove the sales information in the Description and enter the Description you want to let your Friends and Family know what you are all about.

Please do so now by right-mouse clicking on the Parcel anywhere / selecting About Land / and selecting the [ GENERAL ] tab and typing in your Parcel Name and Description in the... You guessed it...Name: & Description: fields.

3) [sET] SECURITY NOW

Be Griefer proof by doing these few security changes NOW! Ready?

a)  Right-mouse clicking on the Parcel anywhere / selecting About Land / and selecting the [ OPTIONS ] tab.

o  If using the SL original Viewer uncheck the boxes that say Everyone on the [ Create Objects:] option line. o  If using the new SL2 Viewer uncheck the boxes that say Everyone on the [ Build:] option line.

This means only you or your Group members may rez objects on your parcel depending on if you bought the land using the  [ Buy Land ] or the [ Buy for Group ] option.

b) Please leave the Everyone option checked for the [ Object Entry: ] and the [ Run Scripts: ] - However - If your neighbor's parcel is unsecure then you should only allow these options to group members.

c) Make sure the Edit Terrain option is unchecked.

d) If you have your parcel owned [deeded] to a group, please make sure that the "Anyone can join" option under Group is not checked and do all the above security measures in the group Roles.

:)

• Like 1

But once he owns the parcel and he has set his group to that parcel, can he deed the land or is there something I have to do as owner of the sim? And yes what you suggest is everything I suggest to my parcel owners and do as owner of some of the parcels on the sim.

thank you again, Rolig. Yup you know he's not getting terraforma perms. What I really need to know is if he deeds the parcil to his group is there anything I set to allow hin to do him to do the deeding or can he do that on his own via his parcel details?

Tenants who lease parcel can either 1) Buy it Directly and manage it directly ~ or ~ 2) Buy for Group ~ or~ 3) Buy it Directly & deed the parcel to the group. 2) & 3) are the same - we as region owners have the ability to reclaim any parcel of course. but parcel ownership grans the tenant a bit more privacy per se.as well as control. I had a tenant once go bonkers and ban me from his parcel. That is a no no in my covenant.. He had no idea i could simply reclaim the parcel. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.