ludicris!!!!!

Bret Tennen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Some issues you might encounter are due to “bad” gestures (for lack of a better term). In brief, one or more gestures may fail to load properly and cause the viewer to time out.

Symptoms which may be the result of problem gestures include:

• You are unable to log in properly without having to clear cache fully before doing so.
    It should never be necessary to clear cache before logging in, so if you have to do this, something is wrong. Some find that if they don't clear cache each time, they get logged out within seconds of logging in, or perhaps they are ruthed or a cloud every time, or even that they crash shortly after log in.
  • You are able to log in but find yourself under water (all you can see is a blue screen) at coordinates 10, 10, 10.
    If you log in to an all blue screen, check your location, see if you are near the SIM corner, at 10, 10, 10. If so, you almost certainly have a problem gesture.

For more information, see http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/gesture_issues

Is that "blue screen" the infamous "BSOD"?".  If so, that's a system crash.  System crashes are not something to take lightly.  Somethings wrong.......so wrong it's taking your operating down.  You should not ignore the problem.  Ignoring the problem can (and often does) eventually, render your computer inoperable.......yeah, it's that's serious.

Check your drivers.  Hardware often causes system crashes.  Drivers are probably the most common cause of system crashes.  Specifically, your video driver (for graphic intensive programs like SL).  Don't just assume everything is honky dorey because it only happens with SL........SL is most likely the most graphic intensive program you have installed on your computer.  Go the driver download site for your graphics card/adapter and download the latest driver (save it to you hard drive...don't install from the website).  Uninstall your current driver then reboot (you'll have to do that anyway to compete the uninstallation).  When you computer boots back up don't let your operating system search for or install a driver for the missing one you just uninstalled........go the download setup file and install from there.,  Reboot (again, you'll have to do that to complete the installation).  You'll then be on the new driver.

There are crashes and then there are real crashes.........a system crash is about as severe as they come where crashes are concerned.

I only wish people would be specific with their problems. I took a guess on what I saw as a potential major problem and my consious required me to state what I stated.........I almost to the point of just letting them figure it out for themeselves. If they can boot their computer then they should know what the heck they are doing.....but that is just not the case anymore.

Sorry for my rant.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.