Advice for Resellers

cenedraflame

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

I agree with Storm.  This sort of question will get much better response if you ask it in the Merchants forum.  We're here in Answers to repond to factual or process-oriented questions (mostly things like "How does SL work, and why doesn't mine?"

For what it's worth, though, my own opinion is that you are at a disadvantage as a reseller because you do not have a unique line of products to sell.  Designers and creators who sell their own work have an easier time carving out a distinctive place in the world.  You have the challenge of making your shop look different from all the others that are reselling the same stuff.  I'm not sure how you crack that nut, but I somehow doubt that you can do it with classified ads -- I'm not convinced that classified ads do much for anyone, actually.  I'll tell you the one obvious thing that does work ....  location. I have had shops on 5 different sims over the past few years, and my sales now, on a well-trafficked, clean sim with lots of other great shops nearby, are the best I have ever had. It's worth it to me to pay the higher rent for a good location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.