I abandoned land to get a japanese home, and they are not being shown to me. How do i get it?

SecretFromHeaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i am a premium member and abandoned the land so that i could get a japanese house. (im chinese but a japanese house will be fine). the instructions made it seem simple enough. but the hours are passing and the japanese houses are not showing up in the selections. i didnt know there would be a delay or the possibilty that we can't get a home in the area we want. the japanese area is full of empty homes no one lives in, so i don't understand the delay. i've tried to stay up and get this done before i sleep but its now 5:26 am. i didnt think i could end up premium and homeless...:(

5 answers to this question

There is a serious shortage of Linden Homes at the moment, I've even seen the page say 'sorry, sold out of LInden Homes'. At the moment, a few come and go, often within minutes or even seconds. Until Linden Lab releases additional homes, you will have to keep checking the page until a Japanese home appears. Then grab it.

Alternatively, you can use your 512 sm tier allowance on a mainland parcel. You'll have to buy the land but it's cheap and your actual house will count against the 117 prims unlike a Linden Home.

• Like 2

Linden Homes are in short supply.  ("Good!" she gloated, rubbing her hands together in anticipation of more tenants for her rental property.)

If you aren't willing to wait for one, you have another option.  Look for a nice 512 m2 parcel elsewhere on the Mainland.  Search and the Map will help you in this.  You will have to purchase the parcel, but right now Mainland is cheap (often selling for $1L per square meter or even less).  Once you own it, you will pay ZERO monthly tier on it.  And you can build anything you like (up to the 117 prims that a 512 m2 parcel will allow).  You can build a skybox, a Japanese home, or a treehouse.  You cannot do that with a Linden Home.

If you can't build, you can find tons of prefab houses on the Marketplace and in stores in world.  Just be sure the house is small enough to fit your parcel, and low prim enough to leave you some prims for decorating.

If you want more prims, just buy a larger parcel.  You will pay monthly tier on land in excess of that first free 512 m2.  See this page for a table of tier fees: https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

This is the way we ALL got our land and homes, up until a year or so ago when Linden Homes were introduced.  It's not that hard, and you have a lot more flexibility and choice...which makes it a lot more fun.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.