Does anyone rent or sell 1/4 of a FULL sim with only 937 prim or roundabouts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know that homestead sims allow you to purchase 1/4 sim with about 937 prim, but I will need more people to be able to get onto the land than the allotted 20 for a homestead. I really would like to have this amount of land to work with, but I don't need the 3750 prim that comes with a full sim's 1/4 of a sim. So I'm curious, can it be done to where the land can be split this way, and do companies do this? I've been looking all over and haven't seem to have found anything except homestead sims that allow this sort of split in sqm/prim.

I asked this question in the general forums, and they directed me to you find folks here :)

Yes, a full prim sim can be split this way.  However, it may not be that easy to find.  Sim owners can allocate a sim's prim to any plot of land.  And all sim owners charge by the prim so the actual size of land is irrelevant.  Having said that, most people still want the space with the primage.

On a side note, the 20 avie allotment for a HS is for the entire HS.  So, you would have to keep in mind that whoever has the other 3/4, also would have agents on sim.  You can fairly say then that for 1/4 HS your allotment of agents/avies would be 5.

If you need to accommodate more than 20 avatars at a time, you will need to get more than half a sim.  Full sims are set for 40 people as the default and to push that up, would cause lag unless the sim was fairly empty of builds. 

You can't expect to have half a sim and use more than half of the sims resources as that is not fair to the other people on the sim who pay the same amount of money as you do in proportion to their lot size yet wouldn't have full use of all the proportionate resources at any given time, including prims, server time and population.

There is no way to allot prims to individual lots either.  A sim owner can only use a factor for ALL lots on a sim to reduce or increase the number of prims that are allowed to be rezzed.  For instance, double prim lots are achieved by sinking taking half the sims square meters and sinking them under water or using it for wasteland.  Then the estate owner changes the factor to 2 to allow twice the prim usage.  The half sim that is used as waste land or water is not sold or rented and remains the property of the estate owner with prim rezzing turned off. 

The solution for you would be to get a full sim and sublease  or partner with someone who only needs low traffic and does not require a lot of server time.  Remember that the more people that are on a sim in your location the more server time you will use due to rendering those avatars and all the scripted objects they wear.  Probably a builder looking for a private sandbox where they need a lot of prims but will only need to be able to have a few people there at any given time would be a good match.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you need to accommodate more than 20 avatars at a time, you will need to get
more
than half a sim.  Full sims are set for 40 people as the default and to push that up, would cause lag unless the sim was fairly empty of builds. 

You can't expect to have half a sim and use more than half of the sims resources as that is not fair to the other people on the sim who pay the same amount of money as you do in proportion to their lot size yet wouldn't have full use of all the proportionate resources at any given time, including prims, server time and population.

There is no way to allot prims to individual lots either.
  A sim owner can only use a factor for ALL lots on a sim to reduce or increase the number of prims that are allowed to be rezzed.  For instance, double prim lots are achieved by sinking taking half the sims square meters and sinking them under water or using it for wasteland.  Then the estate owner changes the factor to 2 to allow twice the prim usage.  The half sim that is used as waste land or water is not sold or rented and remains the property of the estate owner with prim rezzing turned off. 

The solution for you would be to get a full sim and sublease  or partner with someone who only needs low traffic and does not require a lot of server time.  Remember that the more people that are on a sim in your location the more server time you will use due to rendering those avatars and all the scripted objects they wear.  Probably a builder looking for a private sandbox where they need a lot of prims but will only need to be able to have a few people there at any given time would be a good match.

Actually, there is a way to do this quite easily.  When I had my land business, there were a few tenants over the years that wanted more prims than the parcel allowed.  If on the same sim, you can allocate the use of prims to your individual tenants.  So for example, if you have 2 tenants that each want a 1024 but one wants double the prims and the other needs only half, you can allocate the prims using a rental box to each of the tenants accordingly.

The parcels must be in the same sim to do this of course but is quite easy to do.

hope this helps. 

Rival Destiny wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you need to accommodate more than 20 avatars at a time, you will need to get
more
than half a sim.  Full sims are set for 40 people as the default and to push that up, would cause lag unless the sim was fairly empty of builds. 

There is no way to allot prims to individual lots either.
  A sim owner can only use a factor for ALL lots on a sim to reduce or increase the number of prims that are allowed to be rezzed.  For instance, double prim lots are achieved by sinking taking half the sims square meters and sinking them under water or using it for wasteland.  Then the estate owner changes the factor to 2 to allow twice the prim usage.  The half sim that is used as waste land or water is not sold or rented and remains the property of the estate owner with prim rezzing turned off. 

Actually, there is a way to do this quite easily.  When I had my land business, there were a few tenants over the years that wanted more prims than the parcel allowed.  If on the same sim, you can allocate the use of prims to your individual tenants.  So for example, if you have 2 tenants that each want a 1024 but one wants double the prims and the other needs only half, you can allocate the prims using a rental box to each of the tenants accordingly.

The parcels must be in the same sim to do this of course but is quite easy to do.

hope this helps. 

This thread is full of so much misinformation I'm not sure where to begin.

1. Every prim must have some land associated with it.

2. An Estate Owner can play with the sim settings to make it appear as if a given parcel can support more prims.

3. A full sim can not support more than 15,000 prims total.

4. For the Original Poster's request to work, the Estate Owner would have to find tenants for the rest of the sim who wanted extra prims.

5. The suggestion above, that an Estate Owner can "easily" assign prims willy-nilly is false.

The only way that will work is if you use rental boxes that count prims, and all the parcels in question are owned by the same land group.  You could then charge one 1/4 sim tenant for 937 prims, and charge another for, say, 5000 prims.  But there is nothing actually limiting the first tenant from rezzing more than her "assigned" number of prims.

Anyway.

If the OP finds someone willing to rent land this way, good for her!

Lizard

Thanks everyone for your replies, they have been enlightening to say the least!

The reason why I'm trying to gain this type of land, is for a wedding. I will need this amount of land only temporary, which is why I first mentioned 'rent'. 

I've another question for you knowledgeable ladies and gents...

I've been told that homestead sims are now able to raise their limit past the 20 avatar limit, if you own the sim. Is this correct information? This would cure ALL of my worries if so...I've looked on the wiki and could not find that my prior knowledge had changed.

You may have more luck if you search around for event/wedding planning companies, as some may offer space for hire for setting up for an event. Other land companies tend to be looking for longterm renters, and the pricing and prims are set accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Axel Hurricane wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies, they have been enlightening to say the least!

The reason why I'm trying to gain this type of land, is for a wedding. I will need this amount of land only temporary, which is why I first mentioned 'rent'. 

I've another question for you knowledgeable ladies and gents...

I've been told that homestead sims are now able to raise their limit past the 20 avatar limit, if you own the sim. Is this correct information? This would cure ALL of my worries if so...I've looked on the wiki and could not find that my prior knowledge had changed.

Nope, not correct.

I just tested it on one of my Homesteads.  You can click the arrow for Agent Limit all the way up to 100, but when you click Apply it resets down to 20.

L.H.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.