I"m at a loss: Neighbors gone Bad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I run a 5 sim cluster, and when we started this cluster, specifications were laid out to be in this cluster. For example, everyone must use the GCM meter, use the same trees, the same terrain textures, and everyone must use the cluster rules. For anything to be changed, modified, gotten rid of, it had to be presented to each person who runs one of the individual sims.

I invited two people to join our cluster, and as soon as they got their foot in the door they have decided they will not use the rules, they will not use the meter, have changed terrain textures, put up a sim surround that spans three of the sims, and more.

I've made the unfortunate mistake of letting each person who runs a sim to rent that sim themselves, and while we talk to our land owner and she did give us the sim these two are using, she then turned around an hour later and returned the sim to the two who are breaking rules left and right.

I have no idea where to go from here, but i now have a sim in the middle of our cluster that doesn't match and refuses to follow the standards they originally agreed to in order for them to be allowed into the cluster.

Another unfortunate mistake of mine is that all discussions, except for the actual discussion on ordering the sim, was conducted over voice. Myself and my partner put in the order for the sim with the land owner, but since the two rented the actual sim it seems they are the rightful owners.

They said they would move their sim and leave if we paid the move fee. I feel this is some type of extortion, as ordering a sim to be in our cluster costed them nothing, all they had to do was pay rent.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Unfortuneately, you are at the mercy of the region owner who pays tier to LL. 

IMO, your only recourse is to plead your case to them again & see if some kind of concensus can be reached.

Other option, would be to get your group together and buy your own region from LL. 

Not very often you get a group together that can be totally cohesive.  At some point, there will be that one or two that ruin it for everyone else.

I wish you luck.

can point out the obvious to your estate baron

you rent 4 sims. the opter outs rent 1

your group is prepared (seems like) to take over the rent on the 5th sim

if the baron moves the opter outs sim then the baron gets 6 sim rentals

if the baron leaves things as they are then the 4 sims tenants will move to another estate. so instead of 6 sims rental the baron will end up with only 1

to increase rentals from 5 sims to 6 then will cost the baron the price of moving two sims

You have no recourse unless the Estate Owner cooperates. 

As you found out, this is a very bad idea unless you are the Estate Owner, or have a signed and legal contract with the parties in RL under RL names.  Even then however, you could only sue if they refuse to honor the contract and that would be an expense.

My suggestion is that you move.  Since your obviously renting the sim and not the actual Estate Owner, you should be able to find another sim.  Many are available without any money down other than a tier payment. Once you locate a sim, but before you commit, I'd notify your current Estate Owner that your moving as this may prod them into enforcing the agreement, but maybe not.

If your tempted to do this again without being the actual Estate Owner, you should understand that sometimes RL circumstances force people to sell or give up the rental of a sim.  No matter how friendly and trustworthy the parties are, the next occupant has no obligation to abide by any agreements.  So you may be in the same boat so to speak.

Another  possible solution would be to buy your own sim as an Estate Owner on the secondary market.  If you look hard you can get them very cheaply compared to buying direct from LL.  I've even had people in desperate RL circumstances offer to give me their sim for free if I just pay the tier and transfer fee.  You can have the sim renamed and moved if you request it on the transfer ticket, for no additional cost, so even if you don't like the name or location this is not an obstacle.

I believe the OP stated that the sims were conditionally purchased.  An agreement between buyer and seller to the effect that they would follow the covenant - ie follow the rules.

This is about a broken agreement.  The buyers agreed then went back on their agreement with the OP.

Exactly what the one before me said. This isn't just a cluster of residential sims, they're roleplay sims. They need to be the same across the board and use the same rules to govern the roleplay. I basically now have a sim in the middle that has nothing to do with what the other 4 sims are doing. At this rate, i'm wasting my money to be a roleplay sim that's connected to another roleplay sim that i'm no longer associated with. It's sort of like they didn't like what they agreed to anymore so by changing everything me and 4 other sims either move or do what they're doing.

Our group actually worked well together, not perfectly, but pretty well. Then these two sort of threw a wrench into everything. It's upsetting, and is now a huge waste of money. The only recourse that seems available to us at this moment, as pleas to our land owner haven not worked, is to move once our rent is up.

Doll Galthie wrote:

Exactly what the one before me said. This isn't just a cluster of residential sims, they're roleplay sims. They need to be the same across the board and use the same rules to govern the roleplay. I basically now have a sim in the middle that has nothing to do with what the other 4 sims are doing. At this rate, i'm wasting my money to be a roleplay sim that's connected to another roleplay sim that i'm no longer associated with. It's sort of like they didn't like what they agreed to anymore so by changing everything me and 4 other sims either move or do what they're doing.

Our group actually worked well together, not perfectly, but pretty well. Then these two sort of threw a wrench into everything. It's upsetting, and is now a huge waste of money. The only recourse that seems available to us at this moment, as pleas to our land owner haven not worked, is to move once our rent is up.

Sorry that happened to you Doll G .. I can see how it'd be upsetting .. It's just that i cant see what you can do about it .. unless the person you pay rent to takes your side .. in which case the ppl who changed their minds about how they want the place they rent to be will be alienated .. Its always sad when what should be fun ends up causing hard feelings

Jeanne

I'm surprised your landlord is willing to let you leave with 4 sim payments instead of removing the one sim owner and letting you take it over. Have you brought th at  up? It's going to be hard for them to find renters in a cluster like that? They will have to pay out some money to separate them as well.

We did mention that and originally she took the sim and sold it to us. We were prepared to give the two what they had left in rent since our land lord does not offer refunds. However, when one of the two logged in and saw that the sim now belonged to my partner they Messaged the land lord and threw a fit. She returned the sim to their possession. We do not know what the deciding factor was for our land lord to return the sim.

Recently, since i took away their rights to send notices to our roleplay groups, they've started dropping notecards on the players. I'm being slandered as antigay, and a parasite. Another one claims that he only changed the terrain textures because he thought no one would notice.

I replied, telling them that they will be ostracized by the roleplay communty. Their sim leaders have been estate banned, they teleport to their sim from my sim has been removed, and notices have gone out that they are no longer associated with our roleplay. I sent them a list of criteria that if they want to stay and be accepted back into our community they must meet the following critieria: Change the terrain textures back, remove their telehub (since all that's taken care of through our sim anyhow), enforce the use of the gcm meter, and they must use the cluster roleplay rules in their sim.

So far, they have changed back to the cluster's terrain textures, so we'll see. The plan still is, as of right now, to move.

• 2 weeks later...

When you move, THIS TIME make sure your Landlord will support you.  A lot of land owners are like reeds; whichever way the wind is blowing is fine, so long as they get their rent.

Maybe you could find a Landlord who wants to play along with you.  They get to play "King" and you get a guarantee of support from them.  

Just an idea...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.