please help me with my inventory right click menu (modified)

Marielle Enersly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

every time i right click something in my inventory either to delete or attach to certain parts of my body or even to rename something my right click menu goes down automatically before I can accomplish anything.  (this even happens in the contents of an object when right clicking to rename or delete) here are my system specs as i copied from firestorm but note that this problem happens on ever viewer out there even second life official viewer. and also so it is known, I am on A desktop computer not a laptop and my mouse and computer are both brand new and my mouse is a laser mouse and not wireless and i have tried a different mouse but the problem still persists and I dont have any trouble on any other application or game or website, secondlife is the only problem and its only in the right click menu of inventory or right click menu of object contents

Firestorm 4.0.1 (27000) Mar 19 2012 16:21:21 (Firestorm-Release)
Release Notes

You are at 280,653.0, 247,585.0, 1,994.3 in Sunrise Oasis located at sim3860.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.19.57:13002)
Second Life Server 12.04.12.253726
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (3292.58 MHz)
Memory: 8175 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 520/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.9610
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 2.1.3010.6270

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: firestorm (grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance : 128
Bandwidth : 1000
LOD factor : 4
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 10/11,900 (0.1%)

4 answers to this question

I have a slightly similar problem with my mouse.  It's probably related to the way I have my mouse configured.  But here's what I do to overcome it (I just haven't ever gotten around to playing with my mouse settings in Windows yet).  I right click and hold the button for a second as opposed to my normal quick stab at the button.  That has solved it for me.......well, until I get around to fixing it correctly anyway. 

• Like 1

Very strange.  Everything on your system looks fine, the 520 is not a strong card but it's a lot better than mine so it shouldn't be a problem.  Those stats don't include your ping time to the sim but with packet-loss at 0.1% I wouldn't have thought that was significant either.  It's worth checking in the statistics window.  I'm thinking that a laggy link might be duplicating keypresses/clicks but to be honest it's not very likely or you'd see more problems than just with the menus.

Do you have any trouble opening the menus or just keeping them open and do you have problems in other applications?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.