Second floor of my house isn't showing....

Hadden300

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Turn on World > Show > Beacons > sound sources to help find the alarm.  IM the owner asking them to turn it off.  Keep trying.  When you get screamingly frustrated that they don't (after at least a couple of days to give them a chance to log-in) contact the land-owner to return the object to them.  If the land-owner doesn't then you're stuck, unless it's mainland.  In that case file an abuse-report with LL.

No idea about your house (or where Cranberry Ridge might be).  Do other people see it?  When was the last time you saw it?  Has the landowner returned/deleted it?

• Like 2

In addition to Peter's perfect answer, is 144 Cranberry Ridge a Linden Home? Have you got your graphics set too low and are alt viewing too far out for your second floor to show up to you. Try a simple relog and see if the house rezzes better for you. It might just be a graphics glitch.

Regarding the alarm - see Peter's answer.

• Like 1

Hello again, Hadden300

I've sent you a message and notecard inworld - I hope you get them.

Just in case though, here is an update.

It would be against Terms of Service for me to name any names here on the forums, but it appears the alarm/noise is coming from several sources in the house next door to your own, which is also in the adjacent sim.  The person who owns that particular Linden home has decided he wants to be a noisy and offensive neighbour, and it does look like he is currently suspended from Second Life.

I've found the sources of all the noise, and have submitted an abuse report to Linden Lab explaining briefly but thoroughly the problem. Hopefully someone from Linden Lab will come out to remove the noisemakers.

In the meantime, you can mute them BUT they are rather hard to find.  I think it is possible you can't hear them when you are inside your home, but can hear them when you are on top of, or outside your home. 

Regarding the issue you have with your house having no upstairs, unfortunately you've been given one of the properties on that sim that is single storey.  (Ironically the noisy neighbour has a two storey property - it's a shame he can't be thrown out, and you have that property!).  When allocated Linden Homes it is the luck of the draw. You can choose which type of Linden Home you want, but currently they are in very short supply.

• Like 1

Excellent going, Marigold!

In addition to Muting the individual sound emitting objects, there is another way to recover your peace and quiet.

While standing in your home, click World/About Land (may also be called Parcel Details).  Go to the Options tab.  Uncheck the box, "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel".  Then go to the Sound tab, and check "restrict sounds to this parcel" and for good measure, uncheck "Everyone" in "Avatar sounds".

This should quiet the racket.  In addition, people outside your parcel will no longer be able to see inside your home and see you (and vice versa).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.