Being A Good SL Citizen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Storm Clarence wrote:

What is your definition of a good citizen, and how are you a good citizen in second life?

Well just try to help others and if you can't say something nice don't hit the send button.

I am a good citizen because I TRY to do that. I am helpful if I can be. I also put time and effort into offering free shapes for people, that come with a photo and styling card. I do that even knowing that some could rip them off.  In fact I've caught a few of those... But it is worth it if it helps somebody. Especially newbies. 

To be honest though? I tried one of the new library avatars on an alt and modded it a little bit and it was really good. They did a nice job with the library avs just like the avs on the main site are looking really good too. (I did not copy or sell it please note! I just felt lazy and was curious so I made the alt with one of those. I wanted to wear something different than my own backstock. Same reason I've started to just be a dog as Clarissa, literally, when I'm not me. Bit bored with my little hobby I guess! Lol. I look forward to making mesh shapes some day!)

But I guess I offer a little variety in spite of mesh avatars and library avatars improving choices already.

I do hate it when people are dishonest because they can do the same thing I did at least for their own shop or own use which is make a shape from scratch (I always do) default shape.*(ETA I mean, default create-a-new-shape, not the library ones! I am rigorous in that.) It isn't necessary to steal.

Don't steal from other people and you are cool with me. That is a good citizen sometimes too just not doing bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I can agree with this.

I guess a good citizen is one that leaves others to enjoy their SL without any harassment.

I know there have been times I have attempted to clear the air with those that frustrate me and bait me. Alas it just doesn't always work.

I have even tried their tactics, but I don't have the personality to continue with it.

I guess, like everyone else (almost everyone else) I try to be friendly and helpful and approach other residents with that in mind.  If they don't warrant that respect I find out soon enough and act as required.

It's just hard to do sometimes, right :)

Storm Clarence wrote:

Our avatars are what we make them. Our fantasy, desire, creativeness, and time all play a huge role in what we are presented in our viewer.  Our avatars, much like our real life, are bound by laws (TOS) and patterns that are accepted by us as a community. However, following those patterns does not necessarily make us good citizens.

To be a good citizen first you have to be a good person. By that I mean that you need values, principles, ethics, etc.  When joining all these aspects together you will find out that there is nothing else needed.

What is your definition of a good citizen, and how are you a good citizen in second life?

DQ Darwin wrote:

I can agree with this. It's just hard to do sometimes, right
:)
Storm Clarence wrote:

Our avatars are what we make them. Our fantasy, desire, creativeness, and time all play a huge role in what we are presented in our viewer.  Our avatars, much like our real life, are bound by laws (TOS) and patterns that are accepted by us as a community. However, following those patterns does not necessarily make us good citizens.

To be a good citizen first you have to be a good person. By that I mean that you need values, principles, ethics, etc.  When joining all these aspects together you will find out that there is nothing else needed.

Our operators are only human.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.