why cant i rezz objects in my own home?

LyraEros

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm assuming you redeemed your home on the website and teleported to the location you were give? Go inside the home you think is yours and click the land information at the top of your screen. That will take you to the "about land" menu. If your name is not shown as owner, then you may have accidentally walked into someone else's home, or an unowned home. Linden homes can be very close together. Walk into a couple of the nearby homes and check the owner for those. If not of those is yours, contact Live Chat.

Again, what error message do you recieve? Most likely, it's one that tells you that there are not enough prims available. In a Linden home, you have exactly 117 prims to use. No more, no less, so if your texture organizer is more than that, or if you already have other things rezzed and the texture organizer takes up more than the amount of prims you have left to use, you won't be able to rez it. Look for one with fewer prims, or forego it for now.

When decorating a Linden home, you need to look for objects that are low prim. A 100 prim bed, for instance, might LOOK fantastic, but is that the only thing you want in your house? There is some high-quality, low prim furniture around, you just have to find it. Be prepared to sacrifice some things (like your texture organizer) due to prim limitations.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

:  
Can't rez object at { 116.756, 132.152, 37.6252 } because the owner of this land does not allow it. ...
Even though I'm trying to drag to the floor inside the house the coordinates in the message are outside of the house and the parcel.  So if that's the message you're getting it's a location problem. 

^^ this

is the biggest reason why you get the cant rez message in linden homes. is a cam position thing. happens when you standing to close to a wall. you cant see the wall on your screen bc is behind your avatar. the camera is actual in the wall most times. so when you drag drop then the object tries to drop on the exterior of the wall on the linden path outside.  so is not on your parcel and so fail to rez

when you rezzing in linden homes: press Esc key to reset camera to normal. then zoom in a bit to the spot you want to rez. then will be ok

is same in any other tight place this. not just linden homes

+

other main problem with linden homes is that even when you get the camera position ok then it doesnt rez anyways. they can be really slow sometimes. so just have to wait until it does. if it doesnt rez then after a time will get another: fail to rez error. so have to try again

if get impatient (like me sometimes) like dragdrop nothing dragdrop nothing dragdrop nothing dragdrop nothing dragdrop nothing then when it does wake up can end up with heaps of copies of the same thing in your house

OK, I'm having he same issue now.  I can't rez anything in my linden home.  I used to be able to, but not any more.  I'm well below my prim limit, and that's not the error message anyway.  the actual message is:

"Can't rez object at { 84.5917, 202.363, 64.1744 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.I'm well under my prim limit."

I checked the land tool, and yes I'm still the owner.  Though I've never had trouble before,  I'm rezzing in the middle of the room for a test.  I was extra careful to ensure even the camera was within the property bounds.  I changed groups, cleared cache, relogged several times.  still no go.  I even tried changing viewers, using the icky linden viewer.

I can rez in a sandbox, so its not the object or other strange issue preventing any rezzing.  only in my own home.

Oddly enough, I can create objects. I just can't rez them.  I even created a simple prim, took it to inventory, then tried to rez it. same error.

Kel Cuddihy wrote:

OK, I'm having he same issue now.  I can't rez anything in my linden home.  I used to be able to, but not any more.  I'm well below my prim limit, and that's not the error message anyway.  the actual message is:

"Can't rez object at { 84.5917, 202.363, 64.1744 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.I'm well under my prim limit."

I checked the land tool, and yes I'm still the owner.  Though I've never had trouble before,  I'm rezzing in the middle of the room for a test.  I was extra careful to ensure even the camera was within the property bounds.  I changed groups, cleared cache, relogged several times.  still no go.  I even tried changing viewers, using the icky linden viewer.

I can rez in a sandbox, so its not the object or other strange issue preventing any rezzing.  only in my own home.

Oddly enough, I can create objects. I just can't rez them.  I even created a simple prim, took it to inventory, then tried to rez it. same error.

Whatever you are trying to rez, it's trying to do it outside your parcel boundaries...

There is definitely an issue with the system.  I managed to completely furnish my place with no problems, adding, removing, etc.  Never had an issue until today.  If the system is trying to rez outside my bounds, its doing so on its own.  I know how to place items where I want.  Even used the zoom trick to make sure.

This only started happening after the recent rolling restarts.  I wonder if there was a server update that is causing the issue.

this may be significant.

I can rez in half my home.  its as if a line goes through the middle of my house; one side I'm fine, the other I get the owner won't allow rezzing bit.

Anyone else seeing this?  those of you having trouble, try rezzing in different parts of your house.  I think the parcel boundaries got messed up when the servers reset.

have done some quick tests on my linden home

can confirm that is def something different wrong

+

at ground level:

if i stand on my parcel boundary parallel or facing inwards then i can rez on a spot next to the boundary line

if i move inwards and turn and face the boundary then i cant pick to rez a spot within 2 meters about

+

the problem gets worse if i move upwards. like if i stand on my roof (which is about 8 meters high) and face the boundary then can only rez about 5/6 meters inside the boundary. when i swing my camera round so that it is on/outside the boudary facing me then can rez on the boundary

so yes. is def a new problem with how the spot to rez is calculated

can only suggest that people try moving their camera round until linden fix whatever it is they fixed that wasnt broken

+

am on beta viewer: 3.3.2 (255742)

+

ETA: can rez on the boundary when X or Y is small. cant rez on the boundary on opposite side where X and Y is large. so seems def like the whole sim coords have moved at least as far as the camera picking part goes. my parcel is pretty close to the center of the sim. it maybe that the further you are to the edge of the sim then the discrepancy could get worse 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.