Updating items @ the marketplace without ...side-effects

Antreas Alter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to update a recent listing as i have found a problem which is now fixed, back @ old times i would just change the contents in the magic box with the new updated contents, but now... i m not sure how to do it :)

My main concern is how to update the contents without risking of loosing "rank" in search results, anyone did try to update a listing using the new "direct delivery" method?

Updating isn't difficult, Antreas.  Upload the new item with the Merchant Outbox.  Go to your manage listings page and find the old item that needs updating.  Go into edit on that listing.  You will see a button on the top that says "Edit Associated."  Click it.  Find the new item in the window that comes up.  (You may have to wait up to five (5) minutes for your new item to appear in the list.  The commerce team added a wait time to that window to try to speed up the marketplace page load times).

Once the new item appears in the Edit Associated window, click the "Choose" button next to it and then click Save at the bottom of the page.  You're done!

You'll notice that the old item will now show up in your Unassociated Items list.  You can safely delete it, but do a test delivery on the new item just to make sure everything is correct.

As far as side effects of updating an item, I've heard that ANY changes in a listing destroys its rank, etc.  I would assume that would include editing the associated item.  But we do update things from time to time, you know. 

I have updated a few items through this method, Antreas, and it works great. But you are correct, every item that I update moves to the end of the line in my relevance ranking. It's very annoying and terrible for business but I'd rather my customers (when they do find the item) get the correct product. :)

Aye message got  - listing will dive deeeeeep down at the bottom of the ocean LOL

thank you all guys for the answers, i was hoping there was a "trick" to update things without loosing relevancy rank, i think people updating items should be rewarded, not punished :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.