Paying For Custom Avatar - Darren Hayes (Discuss Price)

Abstractionant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to impersonate the look of singer / songwriter Darren Hayes (May know him from pop band Savage Garden). I've tried putting my own together with pre made shapes / skins and then modifying them...But I'm just not happy! For instance, I'll get the face I want, but then the skin on the body is way too muscular or defined. Its very frustrating.

I need a experienced avatar designer that can make me a high quality look alike - that will study his pictures to create the perfect look-alike. I will also need to be able to make further modifications if needed. (Mod, copyable please)

Here is the face I made, that I would like it to look somewhat like. (I like the facial hair, more fuzzy than scruffy look on him, pink lips as shown, medium skin tone, etc). Darren is NOT that muscular - actually quite slim / fit. )

http://i49.tinypic.com/11m7yhl.jpg

Looks good! But now look at what lies beneath...

http://i50.tinypic.com/zpj5x.jpg

Like ew! Way too muscular / over the top

So if you, or anyone you know, could make great avatars, please have them reply to me on here or in world (Abstractionant Resident). I'm not so sure where to find good designers, etc. Any help would be so kind of you. Thanks a bunch.

First off it is against the forums rules to use shop names in a negative or even positive light,your comment about where you got the skin and that you not shop there again will only lead to the remove of this post when a mod see it.

You asking price is way to low,you asking for custom skins and shape for 9 to 15 dollars..Most skins can take people weeks to make unless you rather the use use a pre bought and throw you together a AV ,you sound a little to picky for that.

Learn proper forums etiquette   and realistic price ranges would be your best way to solve this.

The skin doesn't look right because it's designed for an avatar with a much larger frame. Being on a thinner, more petite male avi distorts it because it was probably designed on a broad, muscular avi. One reason skins can be hard to find, and why the skin can sometimes define the avatar, is that many skins fit some shapes better than others. There's a particularly well-known brand of skins (female) that I LOVE, but I've tried them on my avi's shape and hate them. There's nothing wrong with the skins, they just don't work right with my shape.

You could try some teen skins; those should be much less muscular. Some skins may have "dehancers" for musculature - basically a tattoo overlay of a less muscled body. (Most probably don't, but some may.)

A small tangent, but it's a pity that almost all male skins have such exaggerated muscles. I find it most unappealing, and demand that it stop!

Joking (sort of), obviously, but if I were a bloke, I'd be a wee bit disheartened at the lack of choice. Give us real men!

My skin's not muscley, and I really like the fact that it isn't.  However, I think I'm a little too pretty, so there's that.

On topic: That face looks really good!  I'm impressed.  But yeah, Darren isn't exactly "Mr. Rippling Biceps" - so seeing that face on that body kind of made me snort.  I totally understand what you're saying.

I agree with the comment about looking at teen skins - mine is kind of an older teen / young 20s skin so I'm not completely ripped.  You may even find one you really like that works with little modification (although, he may look like late '90s Savage Garden Darren rather than 2012 solo artist Darren with a baby face).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.