Someone use my avatar picture, my avatar real and professional name, and my nick avatar name, for t

SeducionFatale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Apart from anything in SL, your avatar picture is copyright.  Presumably you own its copyright (unless some photographer did it for you, in which case they might).  Together those mean you can:

1. file a DMCA takedown-notice against them
  2. hire a lawyer
  3. have your lawyer get their RL details from LL
  4. take them to court
  5. sue them for breach of copyright
  6. sue them for damages

NB: all but 1 and 5 don't even need the copyright in your picture.

8.2 You will not post or transmit prohibited Content, including any Content that is illegal, harassing or violates any person's rights.

You agree that you will not:

(ii) Impersonate any person or entity without their consent, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation, or if you are an adult, impersonate a minor for the purpose of interacting with a minor using the Service;

(v) Post, display or transmit Content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libelous, false, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person's privacy;

Two pertinent points from the ToS.

So this was a pretty interesting question but you don't say WHERE they are using it. When I look you up in world, there is NO photo in your profile even though you are nine months old.  There is also no photo on mysecondlife.com and it says you changed that five days ago. So this seems like a very odd question for the SL Answer forum. Maybe some more info would be helpful.  If you are talking about a different account, then it is important to state that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.