How do I get items such as vases and lamps to stay connected to tables?

snoopy Brune

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been furnishing my new home and have been trying to put items such as vases on end tables. I put them on the table but as soon as I leave my home they end up floating in the air. Is there something that I have to do in order to keep them connected to the tables?

3 answers to this question

Hmmm.. They shouldn't float unless something has moved them, so you shouldn't have to do anything at all to tie them down.  Unless you or someone else has been pushing them around, the only explanation is that the objects have scripts in them that are intended to move them -- and that is very unlikely.  I'm tempted to suggest that you are probably just looking at them from a different angle when you return, and are realizing that you didn't set them down quite right when you were there earlier.  It's surprisingly easy to make that mistake.  I do it myself from time to time, and I have been building things here for 5 years.

Now.... if you have permission to modify both the table and the things that you want to put on it, you can link them.  Just select one of the items (I suggest the vase or lamp) and then hold down your Shift key while you select the other one.  Type CTRL + L, and they will be linked.  That way, if one moves, they both move.

• Like 1

hmmmm  double-back tape maybe?

Very odd.  Usually when you rezz an object in world and then put it into a particular position, it stays there.  The only exception to that that I'm aware of are objects checked as physical.  Those objects interact with the sim physics engine.  Usually they fall to the ground based on sim(ulated) gravity.  I've never played with a physical object that floats but I suppose that's possible??   And way, check your lamps and vases and tables to make sure they are not set to physical.  You will find that in the Edit - Object tab.  Beyond that I can't think of a reason for your lamps to float. :smileyfrustrated:

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.