You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Didn't you just start a thread for your research project about the exact same thing?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Research-Project/m-p/1495079

It's really best not to post multiple threads on the same topic, as people get tired of it very quickly. If you need to add information to a post, you can edit it, or - since this is the main forums - reply to your own topic.

It's an interesting topic, though, so I'll probably answer over in your first thread ^_^

charliecav wrote:

Im interested in how people create their avatar/s. Why do people make their avatar/s look like they do? Are they a way of expressing your RL personality? are they a way of re inventing yourself? or just a recreation of your RL body? 

When i was a newbie i selected 1uv the newbie avvies .. i dont remember which one .. & then spent a bunchuv time tweaking the sliders til i had her the way i wanted her to look. I got a skin from somewhere .. dont remember where but either my sister gave it to me or i got it as a freebie from Freebie Galaxy or somewhere like that. Since then I've gotten other skins but none i like as much as the one i got early on .. so i still wear that early skin. I found some free tats that arent very nice or very detailed but once again .. i like their fuzzy outlines .. they look almost burnt or airbrushed on .. & iv gotten use2 them now & they just feel like partuv 'me.' One thing i hated was the ugly feet .. so i got a pair of Coyote bare feet & adjusted the skin tone to match my skin. I sometimes wear shoes but usually just wear my bare feet. I have green eyes i like but have considered getting green cat eyes .. w/ slit pupils .. The only free ones iv found are cheap looking tho. I may buy a nice pair of green cat eyes eventually tho. Hair is one thing i change frequently. I hava bunchuv hairs. Initially it didnt feel like 'me' to be blonde but iv gotten over that. When im blonde i usually have freckles too .. then take them off when i go back to brunette. I like prim nails but since they dont work well w/ many dance or pose animations iv gone back to glove layer nails. My avatar is currently pregnant & i have tried to increase her tummy size realistically. I'm getting pretty big !! Since its a pain to edit clothing to fit every time i increase my tummy size a few % .. im even more of a hippie these days than i use2 be .. & usually just wear cutoffs & a halter top. I'll go back to stylin after i deliver :) I have tons of outfits .. some nice, some cheap freebies .. & i love to get on the pose stand on the roof & 'play barbie' dressing up my avvie. I very seldom wear a complete outfit as it comes. I prefer to mix & match my clothing & accessories .. so i may be wearing stuff from 5 or 6 different designers. I have spent very little ~NO real money~ getting my look the way i want it. I know women who spend tens of thousands of L$ on their avatar's looks yet are no more attractive ~often less so, to my mind~ than i am. It's fun getting your avatar just the way you want her to look .. & it neednt cost 1 cent, either, to have a gorgeous stylish avatar !!

Jeanne

I'm a new resident, and I chose from the default list the goth with the lank black hair...I guess a young Severous Snape :-)

However, my avatar wears a (bad) Red Dwarf T-shirt and a pair of German army camo combat trousers...because that's what I tend to wear in RL went I off out doing my bush-crafting stuff at weekends, and it amused me that I could find those clothes on the marketplace.

Also means that not only am I not the the best dressed person in RL, I'm one of the scruffiest SL residents as well :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.