Using Annoy Watanabe Sculpted prim generator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having a very hard time with texturing objects made with a number of prims.  Use the UV grid maps for simple things just getting a color in the right place is fine but when I use a texture like wood or metal it is a mess.  I cannot get it to look even close.  The uv map boxes are spread out and no matter what I do I cannot get it to the point were I can even see the numbers, cylinders are a real problem.  Just want a wood grain on a wood pen.

Also when It says vertices I assume it means the meeting points.  In one sculpted prim there are 4 or 5 vertices as a triangle at at one point. It does havoc to a wood texture.  Tried to put the prims in a different order before generating but does not seem to matter. Love the generator for things I just need to color but using textures is another matter. In the end if I need it to look nice I go back to single prims.

I must be missing something anyone can help?

Texturing with any sort of in-world generator has problems.  The Texture offsets are almost always in multiples of 4.  Because of this, the size of your prims you use to make the sculpt map need to also be in multiples of 4.  Even when that is done correctly, Texturing will still be complicated.  You will end up stretching or squishing in multiples of 4.

The Builder's Brewery often has classes on the various in-world tools.  It may be worth your while to check them out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.