Unable to receive items from marketplace?

Trebor Teardrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Same here! I only visited the forums because I have had the exact same problem the last two days.

I have bought around 10-15 things as gifts to an alt mainly, and only received 1 of them. I think I have been refunded for everything but it is still highly annoying.

I was wondering what was going on.

Thanks, but this was a question of what is going on with marketplace, not what to do about failed deliveries. =)

I never had so many failed transactions before, but I guess it has something to do with the DD implementation not being stable yet. I was just curious if others had the same problem.

Piraiyah Novikov wrote:

Thanks, but this was a question of what is going on with marketplace, not what to do about failed deliveries. =)

I never had so many failed transactions before, but I guess it has something to do with the DD implementation not being stable yet. I was just curious if others had the same problem.

Read the merchants forums to get a feel for the views being articulated by merchants.  :)

• 3 years later...

I am having issues with buying gacha items on marketplace and not recieving it in my inventory. I will be online while making a purchase and I don't get my item, but my money is gone. It does not show up in recent, or received items either. I contacted the owner and told her of the problem and she appoligized about the issue. She says that it shows it was delivered, and just to submit a complaint to Linden Labs regarding the lost item with a complete description of what occurred, but  has not given me my money back. It's very frustrating. 

Merchants have NO control over the delivery from Marketplace, it's not the merchants responsibility.  You were told correctly, to submit a ticket to Linden Lab who can see what's in your inventory and re-send if required. 

The merchant is not obliged to refund and if they do and you submit a ticket and get the item sent, then what?

Complain to LL when their system fails, that's the right approach.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Merchants have NO control over the delivery from Marketplace, it's not the merchants responsibility.  You were told correctly, to submit a ticket to Linden Lab who can see what's in your inventory and re-send if required. 

The merchant is not obliged to refund and if they do and you submit a ticket and get the item sent, then what?

Complain to LL when their system fails, that's the right approach.

All correct, of course it is LL's job to handle deliveries, including support issues --  except instead  LL support ppl always tell people to ask merchants for another copy. 

Smarjia Aldrin wrote:

I am having issues with buying gacha items on marketplace and not recieving it in my inventory. I will be online while making a purchase and I don't get my item, but my money is gone. It does not show up in recent, or received items either.

The timing may be a coincidence but just to make sure, ask the seller if she's switched to VMM yet. It may well be a bug in this new delivery system.

(Edit: Come to think of it, wasn't Smarjia's post posted just as the asset servers had one of their biannual nervous breakdowns? Those will mess up MP deliveires too now that we have VMM.)

Smarjia Aldrin wrote:

I contacted the owner and told her of the problem and she appoligized about the issue.

And unfortunately, as Sassy and Pamela already have said, that's all she can do. She can't refund every customer who claim they didn't receive what they bought - you'd be amazed how many dishonest people would take advantage of it if she did! And of course, since it's a no copy Gacha item, she can't send you a new copy either.

So, the only option is to contact the people who actually are responsible for MP delivieries, file a support ticket to LL and see if they care.

Oh, and please let us know what kind of reply you get there - if any.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.