Rezzing issues

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else having this issue?

I am having major rezzing and item "taking" issues.  Not just me, not just my sim.  My sim is LeTigre RC but that shouldn't matter.  Seems to be a general SL issue.  But I wondered if it was universal?

I am not having any issues my self. I do not see this as a global issue

There has been some talk about certian cisco modems "Virgin in the UK", are making users run slow because of ping flood protection...

Maybe you should try resetting your modem and or router to see if your network issues clear up..

RC servers do run code that is different than the main non RC servers and can have different bugs and problems than the regular Servers on the grid...

Also Regions that have not been restarted for several days can also display these types of symptoms...

@Dilbert

Your point regarding ISP Ping Flood protection is a valid one, and does affect many, but it wasn't that in my case since I had already rebooted my modem.

I do not think this post is coincidental:

Scheduled Inventory Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on April 16th, 2012 at 12:17 pm PDT

[Posted 12:17PM PDT, 16 April 2012] We will be conducting a series of inventory database maintenance sessions this week Tuesday, April 17th through Thursday, April 19th, 2012. Beginning at 4:30AM PDT and is expected to end at approximately 6:30AM PDT each day. The maintenance may cause some residents not to be able to login and some residents already inworld may be logged out. Please keep an eye on this blog post for updates.

I have seen no such problems and have not heard of any from others.  You have probably tried sandboxes as well as your Le Tigre place.  If you have these problems everywhere, the fault may be in your connection -- bandwidth, router, etc.  If you are using wi-fi, that is a common source of such problems.     

TKR

Have seen and heard of others with the same issue and it appears to be purely random, more likely than not, like most such issues stems from SLs massively overtaxed database.  Unfortunately this is not a problem that is easily solved and is at least three years in the making, and one which LL shows little interests in correcting, and even less interest in resolving, if in fact it can be fixed at all.

@Thinkerer

I already stated that I was not alone in having those issues.  PLEASE read the post before launching into an SLSupport-like response! :smileywink:  

I am wired not wireless and I had checked my modem and rebooted it.  It is as Lydia says, unpredictable and indiscriminate.

It cleared up this UK evening, so what it was I do not know.  I have little doubt myself that overstretching of some of Secondlife's servers is at the heart of such issues, that and their local ISP connections (over which I do realise they have little or no control).

We shall see what transpires with this week's inventory server maintenance.

Hi, Ayesha,

I was having problems over the weekend, but my connection was proving to be unstable. Inworld I found that when I changed outfits, only half of it would actually go onto my body, so I was walking around with one top half of a boot, and the right boot base, but the other bits refused to go on. Rezzing was also hit and miss. 

Today when I was inworld earlier, I had no such problems, apart from arriving in world as a particle cloud, which fixed up ok with just a rebake. 

I am blaming my internet service provider for this one.  Seems to be a massive difference today, now the kids are back to school after the Easter holidays, but I meant to test again this evening and never had the chance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.