New Joints Affect POSES?

Elric Anatine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings.  /me inserts usual soliloquy of absence from SL, have returned, things are different, and thusly have questions.

I would like to create some static poses for a project, and was planning on using QAvimator (unless someone has another inexpensive and/or easy to use pose making solution).

I have also read that LL has given us some extra joints to work with, most notably for rigged mesh avatars.

Here are the noob questions: 

• Do the extra joints affect created POSES? 
  • Is it worth sussing out how to incorporate the extra joints (I've read some issues for animators) for a static pose? 
  • Is there a better pose creation tool that takes advantage of the extra joints?

Thank you kindly for any illuminating answers.

Cheers,

Elric

I cannot answer your joints question as I never work with anything other than the standard SL ones. However, I am pretty sure QAvimator is no longer developed. DAZ 3D is offering their DAZ Studio 4 Pro which is normally a $400USD software for free till the end of April. Daz in my opinion is a more powerful and easier to use piece of software to create poses and animations for SL. Here is their website --->

• Like 1

There hasn't been an addition of extra joints.  Animations are made no differently than they've been done before. (^_^)

There has been an addition to a couple attachment points.  Thing is, they always existed, just went unutilized.  Those are Neck and Avatar Center (That part of you which sits still while dances move you all over and visually through things). (^_^)

Rigged mesh does have the capability to push joints around like deformer animations, but, nothing is actually added or removed. (^_^)y

• Like 1

Darren Scorpio wrote:

DAZ 3D is offering their DAZ Studio 4 Pro which is normally a $400USD software for free till the end of April. Daz in my opinion is a more powerful and easier to use piece of software to create poses and animations for SL. Here is their website

Fantastic.  Thank you very much, Darren.  I so appreciate this.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

There hasn't been an addition of extra joints.  Animations are made no differently than they've been done before. (
^_^
)

There has been an addition to a couple attachment points.  Thing is, they always existed, just went unutilized.  Those are Neck and Avatar Center (That part of you which sits still while dances move you all over and visually through things). (
^_^
)

Rigged mesh does have the capability to push joints around like deformer animations, but, nothing is actually added or removed. (
^_^
)y

Thank you, Immy!

Medhue Simoni wrote:

There are
no new joints
. The only thing that changed was that we can create rigged mesh, which incorporate the standard joints.

Qavimator still works as it always has. I personally use SLat, Daz. Poser, Blender, and Qavi.

Hello, Medhue (I've often enjoyed your posts and remember your lands from way back).  Thank you for the clarification.

Irene Muni wrote:

Two side notes:

1) Interesting thread about DAZ:

2) Eric, your signature goes to a "unable to locate region Alkahest"
:)

Thank you, Irene.  And updated my sig with new SLURL (/me facepalms).

Luc Starsider wrote:

You may not be able to add joints or bones to the avatar skeleton, but you can scale and move the ones that you have to work with. (I don't think the others mentioned this.)

- Luc -

That sounds interesting, Luc!  Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.