Skin Texture Problems...ideas?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Snapshot_005.jpg

Ok, can someone please tell me why my skin looks blotchy? I've noticed this the past month or so. Same skin maker, nothing changed. Same system, same video card. Tried various skins and seeing same thing. Not seeing this on my laptop, so not sure if there is a setting I'm missing? I'm using Firestorm new release, however, same problem on Phoenix, just not as bad. It's not good for my photography work. ;-( I have searched around with no luck finding answers, so thought I'd pick the brains of some texture folks!

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz (2666.62 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

DId you use windows to update your graphics drivers?  If so, you didn't get the latest ones. I had a problem seeing textures correctly with the new Firestorm and used windows to search for new drivers.  The long an short of it was that I found new ones going to the ATI web site and my computer makers site that didn't show up using windows driver search..  I had to use the ones from my computer makers site because they are proprietary versions of the latest ATI drivers.  Downloaded them and all is fixed now and I see a noticeable improvement overall in my graphics.

I use ATI's auto updates and they were updated about a month ago. Heck maybe that was the problem? LOL

But I just logged in with LL viewer and the blotchy is gone. Interesting. Guess I'll use their viewer for pics, but not sure I can get the same windlight settings I've created. Unfamiliar with their graphical side. Thanks all for helping. Blessings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.