TWI timber wolf or werehouse dire wolf - Your opinion please

Neoraptor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to get a wolf avatar, what would you recommend? TWI timber wolf and the werehouse wilds dire wolf both seem nice, do any of you have any youtube videos of them in action so I can see, or which one do you like the most and why? :D Please discuss with me ^^
Here is a link to both:-
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/WereHouse-Dire-Wolf-Avatar-v25/2419631
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TWI-Timber-Wolf-Avatar/5527314?

Dire wolf is going to be much bigger, I believe.

I can't speak for the wolf avatar, but the Water Horse quads I have seen (draft horse, deer) have been superb. More than the avatar itself, the animations are just fantastic. If the wolf carries on this tradition, it'll be hard to beat.

I own a Werehouse quad raccoon av. At the time I bought it, it was excellent, but I think the design is showing its age now that mesh is available. As much as I like the characterful designs and animations, they just aren't as realistic as recent quad avs I've seen. 

For my money, it would be between the TWI and the Water Horse avs. I'd prefer to see a demo, but on the evidence of the ads and other products I've seen, Water Horse probably shades it for me.

eta: still waiting for a mesh quad raccoon av (or even semi-anthro). Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy will create some interest?

I don't know much about the Werehouse dire, but I own the mesh TWI and it's fantastic. The HUD is rather easy to get use to, the customization ease, amount of mods, excellent animations (there's even someone who creates extra animations in one of the side shops at the sim) 

The base package comes with lots of modding abilities, and the creator recently came out with 3 other body sizes that you can purchase seperately due to customer request. I think it's just an all around fun quad. 

I've been looking at different wolf avatars and have pretty much decided on the TWI. I like that it's not as savage looking as others I've seen. If you go to their store, there is a wolf bot walking around and it looks really nice. I also like the customisations and other swag you can get at the store. I'm currently a red Malamute/Siberian Husky so I'd like to keep that look with the wolf and when I was at the TWI store tonight I noticed that there was a pelt option for customizing to a red wolf.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.