Can my avatar look like me? My picture is linked :)

VictorLeBron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everybody! 

I'm trying to make my avatar look like me:  http://864-612-6768.com/uploads/3/4/5/7/3457116/2470600.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to buy?  I want to be able to modify my clothing, ao, etc.  I'm looking for something a bit older, but not skin that's too wrinkled. 

I was thinking this option was a good starting point (but I honestly just don't know how to find the right combinations):

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Steve-Mature-Skin-FULL-PACK-by-Unique-Megastore-48-Different-Types-Shape-Eyes/4682571

Here's an avatar I don't like how it looks, but it matches me a *littlebit*:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TuTys-GEORGE-FULL-AVATAR/6174583

Please please I need some help asap.  Thank-you so much!

Hi and welcome to Second Life!

I think you look really handsome, it can be challenging to recreate a mature look in SL. Most content are made for younger looking avatars. It is possible to find what you need, maybe not "exactly" but close.

You need not be limited to mature skins only, if you try out the "Age lines tattoo" as shown here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Tintable-age-lines-wrinkles-DEMO/5361887

I find that the right tan is hard to find. You look like you need a medium/fair skin, not too tan. Some skins has too much yellow in them. I think one of the skins you found are too tan - the Unique Megastore. The other from TuTy has too bushy eyebrows and a slight yellow tone. BUT as always, try the demo first. The skins can look very different depending on your graphic card and the windlight (sky setting) used. 

You have not considered the Maxwell avatar? Few make more realistic skin than Aeros. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aeros-Avatar-Maxwell-demo/5660490 I know it's maybe too old and has too light eyebrows, but eyebrows can be added on a tattoo layer too. You can "add" up to 5 layers of everything. (Not wear, that replaces the worn layer. Always "add") 

Skins are no modify, but you can change the face features. This is very noticeable in the eyebrows. Changing straight eyebrows to arched can make a skin work for you. The eyebrows are part of the ancient hair that can not be taken off. If you look at what you are wearing. it can be called bald cap, blank hair, or even eyebrows. ;)

Eyes, you have a ton of eye options. Mayfly and IKON are big names. Try to choose eyes that don't have a solid white sclera. The realistic eyes has a shade added. The two stores I suggested include different levels of whiteness when you purchase eyes.

Formal clothing: Fatewear.

I don't have time to reply more, but I hope others come with suggestions. I will look at the thread later. Please keep us updated, I am sure that you will make a great avatar!

It's all bout the shape of the face. Different skins will look totally different on the same shape. I have worked on my shape for 6 years, finally got it looking how i liked, when i bought a new skin the face shape looked totally different due to texture and shaders. Even though i knew the shape didn't change. Find a skin tone you like and make your face look like you.

I think the Steve skin (no facial hair) might work better than the George skin, since your RL skin tone seems lighter. Search on Mature male to see what else you can find. Always buy demos before paying full price. You might like these:

Aeros Avatar Maxwell :: demo , Steve Mature Skin M1 (by Unique Megastore) , Demo - Saint Avatar By Tellaq ,

Once you find a skin or full avatar that you like, find a modifiable body that's close to the look you want. Make a copy, then try to modify the copy body to look like your real shape & face. This is not something you can fully achieve overnight, but it's possible to tweak a modifiable shape until it looks very natural & realistic. Look at a few photographs of yourself & at your face & body in a mirror. When you see how your nose really looks, you can adjust your avatar's to look like it, then your eyes, your chin, your eyebrows, your ears, your jawline... Eventually you can get very close to your RL look, but the combination of skin & shape make a big difference on the final look. 

Shapes of ADAM & EVE - Douglas DEMO shape , Tt. George shape , 

Body & Soul - MATURE SERIES - Cousin Derek Avatar  , Body & Soul - MATURE SERIES - Uncle Paul Avatar ,

Body & Soul - MATURE SERIES - Uncle Peter Avatar ,  Body & Soul - MATURE SERIES - NEW William Avatar ,

Eyes are the easy part. Find a merchant who makes nice, realistic eyes, then pick the iris color that most closely matches your own. I think having avatar eyes that looks like your own, makes it feel like people can see the real you through your avatar.

It doesn't hurt if your avatar ends up looking a little younger or not exactly like your RL self, but when you personalize it, then it feels like it's you.

(Edit to add links)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.