Honored Resident
Freedom Rush

Blurry looking avatar

My avatar is always blurry from the waist up.  I've tried different graphics settings and different skins, I've tried rebaking textures (which lasts for 3 seconds), I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Topics: 7

Re: Blurry looking avatar

Reply to Freedom Rush - view message

The only thing that really helps for me in cases like that, is clearing cache and relog

Benski's Builds
Sanity is highly overrated
Dana Hickman
Topics: 2

Reply to Benski Trenkins - view message

Benski Trenkins wrote:

The only thing that really helps for me in cases like that, is clearing cache and relog

I'll agree with that... Sometimes on rare occasion, a texture in the cache gets finalized before it really finishes downloading, so you end up with a blurry texture that doesn't want to be replaced. Rebaking doesn't work because it's just reloading a fuzzy saved texture from the cache, NOT re-downloading it. Clear cache should  fix it.

Honored Resident
Freedom Rush

Reply to Dana Hickman - view message

thanks for the feedback!

Charolotte Caxton

Reply to Dana Hickman - view message

Dana Hickman wrote:

Benski Trenkins wrote:

I'll agree with that... Sometimes on rare occasion, a texture in the cache gets finalized before it really finishes downloading, so you end up with a blurry texture that doesn't want to be replaced. Rebaking doesn't work because it's just reloading a fuzzy saved texture from the cache, NOT re-downloading it. Clear cache should  fix it.

Thanks Dana, I had been having the same problem. I just finally let it sink in to just go ahead and relog, before, I had been hitting rebake over and over. Now I know why. Thanks for the explanation. :smileyvery-happy:

Marianne Little
Topics: 21

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I put on too many tattoo layers. I get a upper body/face that will no load the texture, it is just the default LL skin. I take off and put on again some of the tattoo layers. That helps for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/

Topics: 22

When i get that problem i know it's time to clear cache.  That seems to fix it every time.  In the pic i posted on the dancing thread you can see my bodice is a little blurred.  It was that time again!

Honored Resident
Freedom Rush

Reply to squashy Beeswing - view message