why do i see teleport failed no valid parcel found

PintaChula

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im having problems teleporting to a place i rented it says teleport failed no valid parcel found , but i give my lm to my friends and they go fine no problems i talked to owner and we cant figure out what is going on , and i look in the world map and the sim appears offline to me , can anyone tell me what to do plz.

no this has been happening to me since last week not just today its been a week i havent been able to teleport to the sim and when i look for it in world map it shows offline all the time for me its not a today thing been goin on for a week now

4 answers to this question

Hi Pinta,

I'd say this is a side effect of the usual Tuesday rolling restarts...

http://status.secondlifegrid.net

But you're describing something that doesn't fit that cause. If you have another viewer installed, try that. If you have an alt account, try that. If you are able to get home via the other viewer or the other account, I'll guess that some settings file in the viewer got corrupted. It may be time for a clean install...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Don't rush to try that, as this is my default answer for questions that baffle me. Someone else may wander along and recognize the cause of the problem you're having.

And, on the off chance your home went offline for a rolling restart, you've probably gone home already.

Good luck!

• Like 1

It's TUESDAY, remember?  Rolling restarts for maintenance in Main channel sims are always scheduled for Tuesday mornings and announced well ahead of time. If you ever forget what day it is, you can check the Grid Status Blog to see what maintenence may be going on.  Today's maintenance just ended a few minutes ago, so you should be able to get to your sim now.

[RESOLVED] Rolling Maintenance Main Channel

[Resolved 9:08 AM PDT, 26 August 2014]  The main channel rolling maintenance is now complete.

[updated 6:53 AM PDT, 26 August 2014] The rolling maintenance is now in progress.

[Posted 7:17 PM PDT, 25 August 2014] We will be performing rolling maintenance for regions on the main Second Life server channel on Tuesday, August 26th, beginning at approximately 3:00 AM PDT. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

• Like 1

I am not so sure that the rolling maintenance is completed... I also can't get back to my home sim yet, and it is running on the Le Tigre Channel. Which should have the maintenance at 9:30, but there has been no new note on the grid status about that last part of the maintenance. Correct me, if anyone knows more...?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.