Sim Crossings triggering False collision events

dd Temin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have recently noticed a new bug ....when a flying vehicle does a SIM crossing...the LSL collision event is being falsely triggered.  Was first noticed on flying vehicle landing approaches that  are near sim crossings.   Then later  we put a simple collision event script into a Hang glider vehicle root prim and found  2 collision events  were being triggered at most every sim crossing. All my testing was done on main sim servers Agni type servers.

I submitted jira bug 5504  this morning.

Jira BUG-5504 that i submitted was closed out today  ...reason given:duplicate of MAINT-3517 bug

However when i did search of this issue  before submitting JIRA 5504.....no simililar issues were found!

and  we are not allowed / not  permitted to see what MAINT-3517  about  or its status on the issue tracking system.

i thought Lindens announced going  back to the old system where we could  view bug issues submitted by other residents?  What happened to that idea?

Practically nobody has ever been able to see MAINT issues. What we recently got was the ability to see new BUG issues, and even older ones but (as I understand it) only if those pre-existing ones have been released for public view by the original reporter. That's probably a sensible compromise, given that it would be pretty difficult to get consent from every commenter and, after all, the Lab owns the IP on everything posted to their site.

I glanced at your bug earlier, before it got closed, and it was at that point marked as a probable duplicate of another (non-MAINT) bug report... oh, I see you've seen it, too, BUG-4596... I can see that the original reporter was April Heaney, so maybe she can be prevailed upon to release it for public view, if you want to contact her and ask.

• 8 months later...

I deleted my precedent post because it wasn't correct, maybe mono is involved but compiling isn't the solution.

I found using the function llDetectedName that on sim crossing my helo collided with me,the pilot !!

I solved using the function llCollisionFilter, example:

//Report Velocity

collision(integer num_detected)

{
llCollisionFilter("avatar name","avatar uuid", FALSE);

ecc. ecc.

obviously it's still a problem if you are with a copilot or passengers...

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.