DD Migration-The Last Hour

Morgaine Christensen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have waited till the last days to migrate after hearing too many horror stories and MP mess up, although my newer stuff is via DD. I don't keep up much here because I just worry too much and makes me ill.  Has some of the major issues been resolved?

I need to migrate, but am in fear that my product pictures and descriptions won't move with.  I had a bad system crash and doubt I still have the old ones to post.  I don't have time to take new photos and recreate listings (I know no one does).  Can't recall when I sold something on MP last.  I won't be migrating all my stuff though some I am taking down....may end up not listing any of it.

The thread to check for status updates is here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-and-Direct-Delivery-Update/td-p/1462915

Basically, there's been no update regarding the cut-off date for DD as yet. While it was slated for August 1st, that looks unlikely given the outstanding issues to be resolved.

CTL has promised a 4 week notice before any MB shut-off.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Czari, the date Josh is referring to was a deploy date of some code for the MP, and well, it was "memorable". :smileywink:

Ah, thanks Arwen.  (And I realized I typed in the wrong date - Josh said the 13th, not the 12th. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:)

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

I have waited till the last days to migrate after hearing too many horror stories and MP mess up, although my newer stuff is via DD. I don't keep up much here because I just worry too much and makes me ill.  Has some of the major issues been resolved?

I need to migrate, but am in fear that my product pictures and descriptions won't move with.  I had a bad system crash and doubt I still have the old ones to post.  I don't have time to take new photos and recreate listings (I know no one does).  Can't recall when I sold something on MP last.  I won't be migrating all my stuff though some I am taking down....may end up not listing any of it.

I'm not understanding what you mean by migrating and not having your pictures and description move. There is no moving of your listing and no reason to have to put it back up. It doesn't go away. Nothing changes in your listing, you keep the exact same listing, except to edit the item being delivered. When I migrated my products (a few hundred) I didn't even have to edit any of them, I simply uploaded the new products to the merchant outbox and deleted my magic box and they were all assigned to the original products. I haven't heard of anyone switching to DD and their entire listing with description and picture gets removed...unless of course you delete them.

The deploy and the deploy date aren't really that important.

The reason 13 September 2011 matters is that it's the date on which merchants were given no notice at all of code we were spefically told would not be deployed without advanced notice. 

Don't get me wrong - deploying code without notice is still not a great idea.

But if you're going to do things that way, it should be an easy enough thing not to promise anything different.

The immediate point to be made, being:

Just because it might be both easier and more truthful for CTL simply not to say something doesn't mean that CTL won't say it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.