Can you join Premium Land?

Ayva Meili

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I assume that the other parcel is not owned by you.  If both parcels are deeded to the same land group and the other owner has contributed their 512sqm to the group, not only will the entire parcel, if you join them, be tier free but the group can own 10% more land without additional tier.
 If you own the other parcel than no, you will still have to pay the tier on 512sqm if you own a total of 1024sqm.

Yes. The amount of deeded land counts, not the size of the whole pacrel in the end. So if you have 2 people that deeded their 512 qm to the group, yes. Only they need to be in the same sim (I had once a couple bought two parcels of 512, but they were both in a different sim...) (You can't deed and join Linden Homes tho)

If you have some luck and find a parcel with the right size in the sim, you can also have 10% land for deeded mainland without increasing the landtier. I use that 10% too.

yes i own one parcel, he the other, they are side by side on the same sim. we have both deeded the 512 each. i can see the leftover 10 percent as 102 sq. m still available.

So joining both 512s will let us keep our premium zero tier plus get our weekly stipend? I am just triple checking before I mess something up.

Thank you both for your help. I am an oldie in SL but never really did this before.

Yup, you're good as long as you don't accidentally go over your tier limit when buying land. Having 2 people (or your main account & an alt) each pay for a premium account with no addition tier fees is one of the best ways, imo, to get a nice, little plot of land for a home without paying out much money. With a low-prim mesh house or skybox & low prim mesh furniture, it can actually seem pretty cozy too.

Now, even though your group land page says you have 102 square meters that you could buy for your group, you can actually only buy 96 more square meters, since the smallest squares of land that can be bought or sold are 16 square meters, & every land sale is thus some multiple of 16.  Keep your eyes open for a 96 m or smaller parcel for sale in your region, or one that the owner might be willing to sub-divide into a size you can afford. Alternately, you could find a 96 m parcel in another region, but that probably wouldn't be very useful & you wouldn't be able to use those prims on your main lot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.