How do I delete a house from the land I rent to re-rezz it?

JaneyBijoux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

While I was rezzing some things, I accidentaly removed the walls, ceilings & roof from my house!!! I tried to re-rezz the house, and instead added yet another package so now I have 2 houses on top of eachother (1 destroyed) with furniture all over the place!!! How do I delete the houses and start again?  The house creators have been of no assistance after I have asked for help many, many times...

3 answers to this question

In addition to the excellent advice from Lindal and Pam, I suggest that this is a great time to learn how to handle your Build tools and your camera.  So, open the Build menu at the top of your screen and click Options.  Then put check marks next to the options for Select Only My Objects and Select By Surrounding.  Then, type CTRL +3 to open your build editor.   Manipulate your camera so that you are looking down on your land and can see most (or even all) of the house debris.  Use your mouse, holding down its left button, to drag a yellow rectangle around as much of your stuff as you can.  The selected stuff should become highlighted when you do that.  Finally, take a deep breath and hit the Delete key.  With any luck, everything will vanish (although you may get a "no idiot" warning before it does).  Once you have cleared away all the garbage, start over again.

Remember two comforting thoughts:

(1) As long as you have a backup copy in your inventory, you can always start fresh.

(2) EVERYONE has done this in SL at least once.  :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.