Transfer / Permission Script?

Harry Hyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i was wondering if anyone has a script or know where i can buy a script that allows a package to be no copy/no mod/TRANSFER and then when the recipient opens it, the content is copy/mod/NO TRANSFER? I really need this script to use in a gatcha machine and i'd be willing to pay for a custom script if anyone can provide this. 

Thank you

1. A LSL script cannot change the permissions on an object.

2. The LSL Scripting forum is a place for scripters to share scripting challenges or tips, not a place to look for free scripts or for someone to write a script for you.  For those, you ought to post in the Wanted or InWorld Employment forums.

In that case let me rephrase my initial question....let's discuss and share our insight on this situation. There is a designer, Pivaaca, that has managed to create a box that has TRANSFER permission yet the contents are NO TRANSFER...Anyone have any insights on how this might be achieved? 

I tried contacting that designer but he is no longer in SL.

Here is a link to the item in question.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trish-blanco/6695745113/

I want to make an item for a gatcha machine. A box that is TRANSFER (as in the recipient can use this box and trade it with their friends) but once the person opens the box, the content is now NO transfer.

I created a box, I set next owners permission to transfer . I put stuff inside the box that is NO transfer...the box now becomes NO transfer to the new owner.

Do you see my problem now?

Ok Rolig, you must not know how to read because I said in my second post that I am not asking for someone to write me a script anymore nor am I looking for a scripter (I even changed the post title). I am looking for people to discuss how this is possible. Obviously the basic SL permissions don't allow me to do this so there has to be some sort of scripting involved. This is the forum to discuss scripting related problems is it not?

Now, if you don't have anything constructive to add to this discussion, I suggest you keep your comments to yourself.

Since the picture is set to private I am not sure what the person has, in fact, managed to do.

However, if I have correctly interpreted what you describe, I think that it has been done by deliberately doing what so many of us dread doing by accident -- messing up next owner permissions.   If you read this article in the wiki http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions you should be able to work out how the perms need to be set to acheive the result you desire.

No scripting involved.

As was pointed out by other posters there is no LSL method to change next owner permissions. It is possible to make a script that would simply kill its hosting object on rez after a specified number of transfers (owner changes). However an object hosting such script must be set no modify so the script cannot be removed and the script will only function on parcels where scripts are enabled.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.